Trend with CD Label Design

audioman356

I just purchased Jeff Buckley's Grace from a used CD store in my town. I noticed the label mimicked a 78rpm record. Part of me thinks it's kind of neat, while another part things it takes away from the unique CD labels I've seen in the past. I also brought Live's Throwing Copper, and it's CD label is a nice sparse Green background with the band's name right side. I also thought these labels were wonderful. What are other people's taste in terms of CD labels? Or do people think much at all about that sort of stuff.

There is a lot of current design that references historical design (the whole post-modern thing, I suppose—) If it's done well and communicates the vibe it wants to communicate, I think its actually pretty interesting. Not sure if the Grace CD label does it perfectly, but there is something about the production quality of the album that references vintage analog sound, for sure. An amazing album...

Savoy Brown Shake Down has a label that looks like the LP. Kind of cool.

712BX0Z9a2L._SX425_.jpg

I have a spindle of Black CD-R's that look a lot like 45RPM singles (Verbatim Digital Vinyl). I also have a spindle of Black Memorex CD-R's that look like mini LP's.

Back
Top Bottom