Tres Hombres, ZZ Top Oh Yeah!

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by Bratwurst7s, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Bratwurst7s

Bratwurst7s In The Frying Pan Subscriber

So I was sitting out front in front of the main rig with a glass of dinner in my hand listening to Tres Hombres. And it just hit me hard to think that this album is 43 years old now and I can listen to it like it's still fresh. It's still The Big Hammer.

Can I get a witness? Anyone got some amusing stories about something that you were doing or happened to you while listening to this album? (sorry, I'm a boring guy, got no cool stories to relate, I just listen to the darn thing. :))

Cheers
    James

2. olson_jr

olson_jr AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. valvenator

valvenator curious bystander, serious procrastinator Subscriber

I still have Tres Hombres along with Fandango! on vinyl even after I went through my stupid vinyl purge:whip:
    I agree that it all still sounds fresh (though admittedly I try not to play it too often so it stays that way).
    Even their most radio played song La Grange is a remaster so the original sounds different enough to not sound worn out.
    I've been thinking of picking up some more of their early stuff but have been disappointed in most other remasters I've bought.

Sorry, no cool stories btw, but this is definitely among my top albums.

4. IPADave

IPADave AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well, I don't have a story, but I do think that Tres Hombres is a great album. One of my desert island albums. Jesus Just Left Chicago for the win!

-Dave

darkblue94 and valvenator like this.
  5. onepixel

onepixel .

Out of thousands of records, I only have 5 sets of duplicated. Tres Hombres is one of them.