Tried my best to resist but caved in the end...today's arrivals :-)

I honestly cant see the need or want for another amp. Mono blocks would be unnecessary and take up too much space. Looking forward to bedding her in properly over the coming weeks.

Personally, I'm surprised that more AKers don't own these amps. They're very popular on AA.

The MC352 and MC402 just never did anything for me. The MC602 has this weird form factor where its just SO huge the front panel looks all wrong. The MC452 is just right!

Personally, I'm surprised that more AKers don't own these amps. They're very popular on AA.

The MC352 and MC402 just never did anything for me. The MC602 has this weird form factor where its just SO huge the front panel looks all wrong. The MC452 is just right!
I'm a registered 'lurker' over there, and I have noticed that too. Several threads are focused on the Mc452....

The MC602 has this weird form factor where its just SO huge the front panel looks all wrong.
I think it's the small handles on the big face. The one currently for sale on Audiogon, with the, larger, 452 style handles, looks pretty great to me (see photo below).

No doubt about it though, the MC452 is an amazing looking specimen.

MC602 Front On.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's the small handles on the big face. The one currently for sale on Audiogon, with the, larger, 452 style handles, looks pretty great to me (see photo below).

No doubt about it though, the MC452 is an amazing looking specimen.

View attachment 1004328
The meters should have been larger and higher up to avoid that huge dead space at the top. But I do agree the amp looks better with the Ivan sized handles.

Back
Top Bottom