Trio Tube Tuner

Unican_Eric

Pioneerious Collecticus
I was doing the thrifts tonight and I arrived at the one in the east end a little to late as it was closed. Along the side of the building was the clothing dropoff and beside it was a box of computer parts, a cassette deck and this little Trio tuner. I looked at it and saw that it was tube and had it in my hand when the sidedoor opened and a lady asked me if she could help me. I asked her if I could have it but she said it was for the store and had to be checked ,logged and priced.

Then I had this brainstorm. She was taking the stuff in and I asked if she needed help, Yes was the answer and away I went helping her. As I finished she asked me if I had a dollar on me to put into the donation box, I did and it was mine.

Took her home and cleaned her up, sprayed the pots, plugged her in and she fired up working just fine. The sound is excellent but it is a mono tuner. 1 light is burnt in the dial and it reads 103 for my local station thats at 104.5. My first tube tuner. Oh BTW the model number is FM-106.

Has anyone heard of Trio? Here is a picture borrowed from the bay.

Last edited:
Kenwood is (or was) Trio's export name. Most japanese companies had different names when they started, but either changed them or exported under another name to give a more internationally acceptable brandname. Pioneer, for example, was Fukuin Denki or something like that. Catchy, ain't it?

Back
Top Bottom