Trouble with FLAC on Chromecast

daleeper

Hello, I am going nuts trying to make this work. I have a chromecast audio that will play streams fine through Google Music Play, and through various players on my iphone. I want to rip cds, and digitize vinyl, put on my hard drive to play through the chromecast audio hooked up to my living room system. I have ripped a couple cds with exact audio copy using the flac compression, and none of my players will play it to the cca. I have tried a couple different settings, nothing seems to work. On my iphone I have tried chrome home, music, allcast, and play music. None of them like the flac files. The files play fine through vlc media player on my desktop computer.

My objective was to put all my local music on a hard drive and stream it to the cca using my iphone and the android devices in the house. Others seem to get flac done by EAC to work, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help, if this needs to be in a different forum please let me know.

I use Hi-Fi Cast to stream from my PC to the CCA. FLAC works just fine.

Miles.jpg

Eric

Last edited:
I did get one of these flac files to play through the cast tab feature. Not what I was really wanting, but at least it is playing it.

Still seeking an ios solution. I will try one of the android tablets tonight with Hi-Fi Cast. Thanks Eric.

Well I went into EAC and unchecked the id3 box for image on individual file, and that seemed to fix things. I can now cast these files, showing up as wav in Allcast.

Now how to figure out how I will make my playlists.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom