Troubleshooting question

Hi everyone.

I have a Harmon Kardon 3700 2-channel amp running two Polk bookshelf loudspeakers. The amp has a built-in DAC and I play music by connecting my phone via the amp's USB connection.

Just recently, every time I start playing music, about 30 seconds into the first song there is always an odd interruption for a fraction of a second. It usually never happens again - only on the first song. It's hard to describe - kind of sounds like the music partially, but not fully, cuts out. It's barely noticeable, but it's there. It's also worth noting it's not streaming - I play downloaded music.

Any ideas what this could be? I've tried switching USB cables but that hasn't fixed it.

Thanks!

"Typical" updates can screw up audio performance on computers. It wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened on cell phones from time to time. My cell phone is a basic model they sell to old ladies, so I have no direct experience with the more sophisticated iOS or Android smart phones.

Probably something to do with the phone update. I work at a car dealership and every time there's a big update we get a bunch of cars coming in because "they broke" and won't connect to the phones anymore. They usually update the update so it actually works properly soon after.

Back
Top Bottom