True Audio Karma Event! Sansui CA/BA F1

cnyel1967

On rare occasion....let me rephrase that.....it never happens to me, AK strikes and it happened to me yesterday. I was driving back from Indianapolis after picking up a bunch of audio stuff from the Goodwill warehouse there and was about 15 miles outside of Dayton OH. My phone pings me on a set of Sansui CA/BA F1 that was just listed as local pick up only......in DAYTON! I quickly pulled off and made the deal. Since I was already near Dayton, I messaged the seller and I made the pick up 15 minutes later...at a church! It was literally the quickest, easiest and possibly best deals I've ever had happen to me. Audio Karma does exist!

Attachments

• 09-13-18 073.JPG
    09-13-18 073.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 09-13-18 076.JPG
    09-13-18 076.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 09-13-18 081.JPG
    09-13-18 081.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Glad to see that the gear is out there, still, at prices of reason. Folks bitch and moan because they can't get stuff for near nothing, half what it is worth and here you are excited to be able to buy for a fair price, probably low, but a bay price which means folks saw it and had an opportunity. More than many can spend but they don't want that they want a $200 receiver for 25 bucks. Glad you got that, ON TIME, and will be able to enjoy it after the spa visit.

I'm resting assured as I type but calling your bluff. The bay shows dusty units and meters zeroed and your units are clean the preamp is on and the power amp has the meters at the static electricity level indicating either that static electricity of you testing what you have, with a burned out power indicator on the amp. No big deal but that is a bit of playing time. Thank you for posting pics with the units ON all (well half) lit up.

The bay shows dusty units and meters zeroed and your units are clean the preamp is on and the power amp has the meters at the static electricity level indicating either that static electricity of you testing what you have, with a burned out power indicator on the amp

Yes, I cleaned them up when I got them home and the meters are running a TU217 tuner signal through them at low volume in the pictures. The power light is out on the amp and it's difficult to see the back lighting on the meters, but it's there. I'm very pleased to find a nice US Voltage set at a good price and didn't have to worry about having them shipped!

Yes, multi-voltage or US voltage is a big plus as is pick up. I don't bay stuff but I live in an area where there is gear within 100 miles and I don't CL that far anyway. Only had a few pieces shipped, CL Dallas for both of them. No problems. Limits what I find, this area seemed to be infested with '85-'95 era Onkyo but I have found some nice gear locally enough to pick up.

That is a good looking set you have there. Now to find the tuner for it.

Great Score! Please post the serial numbers. I can't read them in the pictures.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom