Try different interconnects with your FM tuner -

decooney

I shoulda tried this a long time ago... If you have not done so already, try some better (ie.. pure copper or other worthy) RCA interconnects before you sell or upgrade your FM tuner.

Read on if interested, FWIW:
I was messing around this evening swapping high grade ICs within my main audio system and tried them on my Magnum Dynalab MD 102 FM tuner and truly not expecting much of a change. Wow, a notable difference, more engaging now for sure. Swapped back to my former ten year old $49 name brand interconnects and quickly learned its possible to make a good sounding FM tuner sound pretty darn bad (fatiguing) with junk low grade cables.

Improvements: smoother, extended highs, much deeper and wider sound stage, voices and instruments are individually discernible and sound more natural. Guitar, piano, voices, across the board. Only wished I had tried this a long time ago on some of the other FM tuners I rotated through in the past.

Last edited:
I did the same yesterday! And wow! you're right! I just ordered another pair of Hosa RCA cables to replace the no-name rat wire brand I've been using for God knows how long.

Back
Top Bottom