Tryin to get a SX-9000 up and running...

Pres10

New to the forum... Just bought an old SX-9000. It cleaned up pretty well, was wondering if anyone had some sources for an owners manual. I really want to have everything in back hooked up properly. This thing looks like you can use it for a PA. Heck, it looks like it could power my house! I drive an old 71 Ford truck... seems like they engineered things to last, in the late sixties and early seventies. I just hate disposable modern junk. Thanks in advance for any imput. Preston. :thmbsp:

Don't waste your time fixing it up. The SX9000 is a receiver with crappy reverbration function. You can get such function and more on plastic Pioneer home theater receiver. Spend your time on something else. Sincerely.

I've also been debating whether or not to fix up a SX-9000 I have in the garage. Is there a concensus that this model is not worth the effort to fix?

Fix it up! Save the 9000's!

Age said:
I've also been debating whether or not to fix up a SX-9000 I have in the garage. Is there a concensus that this model is not worth the effort to fix?

Been doing a little research on these older early 70's Pioneer receivers. Most folks know I have several QX 8000 receivers around here. Been about a year and a half since I got them. Good sound with a decent AM-FM section. Found out they made a 6000 and 4000 quad recievers too. Got a 4000 in rough shape as a fixer upper. While the bass and balance controls are beyond repair it plays well if I dont touch them. Fixed the lights on the dial and signal meters. It also helped me learn how to fix up the cabinet. A fun project :thmbsp: Discoverd they made two channel receivers in the form of the SX 6000 and the SX-9000. Got a SX 6000 on the 'Bay for my daughtor. I will see how it compares to the 8000.

I would say fix it up. Love the sound of my 8000. The little guy the QX 4000 I am running in two channel. Good radio section and decent sound. For the poster who has the SX 9000, fix her up, or if you want why not give it to me? :yes: I have been sort of looking for a 9000. Not a priority as I have too much stuff around here :D Would not have it any other way!

Guys--Definetly fix them up!!!! The 6000 is a gem!!!

Got my SX-6000 today. My first two channel. Sweet!!!! :D Cosmetically its a 10. Needed lights which I have and the bulb for the dial. Cleaned the controls and they are nice and quiet! :) Took a clean paint brush and got the dust out of the FM tuner. It was not working on the low FM channels and got her going there :yes: Like my four channel cousins the FM is very good! AM is good too! The FM has a four gang tuner and is very sensitive here in upstate NY. Got it playing on my makeshift bench (diningroom table) Need to get a bulb for the pointer.

This series is definetly worth fixing up. Pioneer did both four and two channel versions. The sound is very tube like. I will be on the lookout for a 9000. The reverb will make a good coversation piece :thmbsp: Go for it!! God I love this hobby!!!! My 6000 as said before is going to the daughtor :cry: Its going to be very hard to part with!!!!

Eric

Back
Top Bottom