Trying a post to see if it works

Kencat

Either I'm the 1st to come across the new forum or something isn't working yet. Let's find out.

Testing. 1....2....3..

Congrats Army on the new forum. Are you going to move all the other threads over that are Infinity topics?

This should prove to be an interesting forum, to say the least. Dunno why it isn't a sub-forum in Speakers, though.

- JP

Charivari said:
This should prove to be an interesting forum, to say the least. Dunno why it isn't a sub-forum in Speakers, though.

- JP

Is that possible? I haven't noticed a sub-forum before.

JP - what do think about moving the past threads from the speaker forum to this one? Is that a violation of any rules or perhaps forum etiquette?

Look at Digital Formats or the Pioneer forum and you'll see the sub-forums listed up at the top. As to moving past threads, I think only mods can do that and only a mod can answer that question. This appears to be Army and NT's baby.

Personally, I think strictly Infinity threads would probably be better placed here so the knowledge base will be here where it's needed.

- JP

Charivari said:
Look at Digital Formats or the Pioneer forum and you'll see the sub-forums listed up at the top. As to moving past threads, I think only mods can do that and only a mod can answer that question. This appears to be Army and NT's baby.

Personally, I think strictly Infinity threads would probably be better placed here so the knowledge base will be here where it's needed.

- JP

Give me a little time Fella's, I'll be burning up many hours moving threads as time permits!

And I would like you to point me in the right direction as far as which to make stickies, just in case I miss a few of the better ones :cool:

Charivari said:
Look at Digital Formats or the Pioneer forum and you'll see the sub-forums listed up at the top. As to moving past threads, I think only mods can do that and only a mod can answer that question. This appears to be Army and NT's baby. - JP

The ole sticky. Gotcha.

Charivari said:

- JP

I agree as well. That's why I brought it up as a topic. We'll see if Army and NT agree as well. I think there is a wealth of information available already. With some thought, the different threads could be catagorized into some sticky topics as I proposed in the other thread.

All subject to some more group discussion. Maybe we should move this discussion over to Army's Thread to consolidate the formative dialogue.

Charivari said:

- JP

Sub forums don't get much attention if they aren't on the front page!

We're headliners for now...

JP I don't travel outside of AK much, I'm busy enough!

If you like invite a few yahoo's over as long as they understand the rules and behave :cool:

Kencat said:
Is that possible? I haven't noticed a sub-forum before.

Kencat, does this mean you've completely ignored all of the subforums under Digital Formats???? I'm insulted!

Army said:
JP I don't travel outside of AK much, I'm busy enough!

If you like invite a few yahoo's over as long as they understand the rules and behave :cool:
Nah, the Yahoo! Group folks lean strongly towards the later Infinities, such as the Renaissances, Kappas, and, of course, the various IRS. They look down on we who have the vintage variants, so I don't interact over there much at all. Buuuut, if anyone asks, I'll be sure to mention this new forum, which software wise is already superior to those that already exist (its extremely difficult to get a post to go through at Infinity Classics).

- JP

Negotiableterms said:
Wassamatta JP? Your German not so richtig?
Keinerlei.

There is an English section to that forum, but the software is extremely glitchy. I've tried posting a dozen different times there and only two actually made it through, after several attempts.

- JP

Negotiableterms said:
Kencat, does this mean you've completely ignored all of the subforums under Digital Formats???? I'm insulted!

Well I'll be.....looks like I've ignored the entire Digital Formats Forum period :dunno:

I have to be honest, I have not explored the full range of AK, concentrating on the speaker forum with some interest in the Vintage Solid State forum, and the Ad sections.

Could we use the subforum function for the different "catagories" of information? rather than making them a sticky?

Kencat said:
Well I'll be.....looks like I've ignored the entire Digital Formats Forum period :dunno:

We've got 40,000,000 iPods out there already. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Kencat said:
Could we use the subforum function for the different "catagories" of information? rather than making them a sticky?

Not till the whole thing gets big enough to be confusing. Site overhead is not infinite. Besides, all such high-level decisions are the province of Army and the Admins, so let's focus on content, and let them big muthas focus on format. Army and the Admins... they're a new beach band. :D

Back
Top Bottom