Trying to buy gas after the blizzard...

JRhoBurton

All roads lead to music
...and the pump looked like this.
rps20170306_121100.jpg
The wind was pushing a hard snowfall last night horizontally for a couple of hours. These pumps are under a big canopy. Never seen this in the valley. For Alaskans or in ski areas (maybe other places too?) it might be common, but not here. First time in years winter has gone into March like it's supposed to.

Oooh, crunchy!

We have had an exceptionally mild winter here. Mostly rain. In fact, out next to the lake, it looks like the water level is higher than Jefferson Ave.! It's not, of course, but lake levels are finally back up where they should be.

I would take snow and ice over what we get at our gas pumps sometimes...

upload_2017-3-6_22-45-14.png

upload_2017-3-6_22-47-31.png

Somebody order mayflies? At least if you scrap the ice off, it stays off ...

55803e078346d.image.jpg

ROFLMAO and people wonder like we are some sort of morons why in OREGON there is no SELF SERVE gasoline except at commercial refueling stations.

In my world all of this is someone else's problem all I have to do is hand them the cash or card while I sit in the car. At a few uncivilized places you have to get out and walk in to pay but those are typically the places gas is .20 cents a gallon less.

NJ also has full serve. We don't get swarms of things on the pumps though. For a long time we had cheaper gas than the surrounding states too, though recently something changed and we're on par.

At least ice stays off once it's scraped off.
This has been a bipolar winter to beat all bipolar winters.

55803e078346d.image.jpg

We've never had them that heavy over here in recent years. The worst I see is a coating on some of the street lights along Jefferson (IOW, alongside the lake). When I worked on Mack Ave., it wasn't uncommon for shop owners to get out a leaf blower or hose before the businesses opened and hose off their stores. I do it at the house here if we get more than a few around the doorways but otherwise, I just leave them alone.

55803e078346d.image.jpg
I went through n dakota in 2012 by way of u.s 2 coming east and ran into the biggest bug fest ive ever seen on june 30.I went through 3 containers of windshield washer fluid in one night !I had to stop in MN to wash the truck which was not recognizable as to make anymore.Bugs of a sizes and descriptions and gas pumps worse than this one.Must of been the beginning of a major hatch or?As for snow this year if they had dent of snowblowed the banks in front of my house twice my banks would of been about 15 to 20 feet high.

Winter's still having her way with us here, reminding us that last month was just a fluke. Couple fresh inches of snow last night in fact.

That said, I was out riding the bike a couple weeks back, and actually had BUGS on the windshield when I got back.

In February! :yikes:

We had 1 to 1½" here yesterday. Got a little thicker further towards the west. My other half was a bit pissed because it took her an hour and 40 minutes for what would be a 35 minute ride. And yes, a couple of weeks ago I was on the bike also. February's natcha-gas bill was nice though. ;)

I'm not going to complain. We've had 80*+ the last couple of days here. This little guy wanted to cool off while I was shooting pictures in the backyard today.

DSC08230-1 (Large).jpg

How do you keep the bugs out of the gas tank when they're that thick on the pumps?

I went through n dakota in 2012 by way of u.s 2 coming east and ran into the biggest bug fest ive ever seen on june 30.I went through 3 containers of windshield washer fluid in one night !I had to stop in MN to wash the truck which was not recognizable as to make anymore.Bugs of a sizes and descriptions and gas pumps worse than this one.Must of been the beginning of a major hatch or?As for snow this year if they had dent of snowblowed the banks in front of my house twice my banks would of been about 15 to 20 feet high.

:rflmao:

Yup, one of "those" years.

I am from ND. Sometimes the roads get slippery because the crickets and grasshoppers had a very good hatch.

Bloody windshields are the other fun one. Good mosquito year and lots of cattle, deer, etc... gettin eatin alive.

Back
Top Bottom