TT out of control...!

Smersh

Hi guys, wondering if I could get some repair advice on a TT going mad....

I have a c.1979 Pioneer d/drive PL-255 which has suddenly started having random tantrums and spinning at revs approaching those of my 2-stroke outboard. No melted LPs yet, but last time I switched it off it kept spinning for several mins, so that must be some kind of 'record', or at least build-quality confirmation...
Working ok tonight however.

I'm handy with a soldering iron so if anyone can recommend any cap's or resistors to replace please let me know.

Cheers, Sam.

Hi guys, wondering if I could get some repair advice on a TT going mad....

I have a c.1979 Pioneer d/drive PL-255 which has suddenly started having random tantrums and spinning at revs approaching those of my 2-stroke outboard. No melted LPs yet, but last time I switched it off it kept spinning for several mins, so that must be some kind of 'record', or at least build-quality confirmation...
Working ok tonight however.

I'm handy with a soldering iron so if anyone can recommend any cap's or resistors to replace please let me know.

Cheers, Sam.

Reminds me of Maximum Overdrive....keep your fingers away from the stylus.

Not reading the roit act. It was a friendly reminder of the rules. That is all. After all, this board is self-policed, meaning the members are on the honor to follow the rules or be reminded of them. If not me, somebody else would have done it.
Brother, Hitler is long gone.
You came into this thread like an ZZ soldier.
Lighten up my man. It wasn't a big deal.
Sheesh !!
How about we leave it to the Mods >? Yes ??
This is an Audio Community, we are not at war with each other. just remember this.
No need to pull the trigger when someone makes a faux pas
I'd hate to cross your path.
Think about it..
This house is everyone's Home.

Last edited:
You chime in to read the riot act ? Are you serious ?
You could have P.M'd him to gently inform.
Wow. Is this how we become after 23,932 posts ?
One sentence is a riot act? Are you serious?
You also could have P.M.'d him but chose to do it exactly the same way he did...
What's that say about you?

Back
Top Bottom