tu-666 and au-555 opinion please

krimney

Hi all, I've got a line on these 2 items that the guy couldn't sell on ebay. any idea what the tu-666 is like. I have an idea about the 555. He is local so I could pick up and save the hassle/cost of shipping.

thanks

These models go back to the beginning of the 70's. Actually, the TU-666 is the matching tuner for the AU-666. The AU-555A amp has the TU-555 as its matching tuner. But they are all similar enough, so no big deal really on what goes with what. The TU-666 has a unique round green dial.

I have a TU-666 tuner myself, it actually doesn't go and sound too bad for an old tuner-mine needs realignemnt as the dial calibration is out, but its quite sensitive, picks up local stations without an aerial and where I live-in a valley theres alot f mulitpath too and it handles that not bad either.. not as good as the tuner section in my SX1280 or G-6000 though..hehe ;)

This is the ultimate combination (1/2 of which I have:) The tuner, when a few do come up fo sale, go for some $$, so I'm content with the much more affordable, but still excellent, TU-719.

Oops, I thought I had cropped out the text- which is from a Dutch catalog. I dont think you can see a Scan beforehand in preview mode here, it only goes on after you select Submit Reply.

Yes,yes the TU-X1 would tend to be 'slighty' better than anything I've got here..hehe :) I'd love on of those tuners or even the AU-X1, but same old story here in NZ, you just never see anything like that around anymore..shame really...
Hey Fred that brochure with the SD7000 etc, I think I have that same one too :)
Cheers
Glen

Back
Top Bottom