TU 717

Dearslayer

Hello hi to all. I'm normally over on the Marantz forum ( although I haven't been there in a while ). Anyway I went to a gun show this morning and on the way home I stopped at a used pawn shop sort of store to see what they had for audio equipment. I seen a Sansui TU 717 tuner that was still there from about the beginning of the summer the last time I had been in there. At that time I remember the sticker price being around $320.00. I had forgotten all about it until today. The shop keeper says that all audio was 50% off and the sticker price was already down to $219.00. He said I could have it for $110 cash. I asked if it worked so he powered it up but didn't connect any speakers. It was then that I noticed a pretty big gouge at the bottom edge of the face plate. Bummer. I said I'd do $80 and he said $90. I declined and he finally said fine he'd take the $80. Got it home and first hooked it to a Marantz 1060 and the tuner sounded great and pulled in numerous stations and that's down in the basement where reception isn't the greatest. I then hooked it to a AU 5900 that I had upstairs in the spare room doing nothing and it seemed to sound even better. Under the hood it all looks original factory and unmolested. Would most recommend a recap on this unit? I've also been meaning to recap the 5900 but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg