TU-919 faceplate and case cleanup questions

blandis

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just picked up a TU-919. Face plate is dull and looks to have what would be very fine scratches. Has leftover wax residue or buffing compound residue.....my assumption is the wax or compound did not help whatever previous issue that was trying to be corrected. Any suggestion on starting the cleanup process and how to go about refinishing the face plate and case.

Antenna mount is broke and will need replaced.

I will get it in to have it checked over prior to putting into regular service, just thought I would get a start on cleaning up what I can.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hyperion

Wishful thinking on my end.... you are correct is the TU-919. I screwed that up in the title and the post.

I spent some time over the weekend reading your recent restoration of Davids AU. Appreciate the time and effort you both put into that and to share that with those of us starting that journey.

I spent probably 20 or so minutes with random searches. Read several others. This should keep me busy tonight.

Sorry for the confusion of the model number. I only have the tuner at this point but in the future will add the AU to complete the pair.

Brad, I wish you luck in your search for an AU-919 - the perfect pair for the tuner, and could become basis of a really fine system. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom