tube ID help

RooX

hey guys, im trying to ID this miniature. any ideas? Ill have a better picture from 3/4 angle in a few hours.. for now.. good luck!

cheers,
Colin Hill

Chinese of some sort? I think the round micas and the chrome clip thing inside are indicative of Chinese tubes.

If the plates are round on one side and tapered on the other it’ll probably be a 12AT7. If they are uniform on both sides it could be a 12AX7/12AU7.

Mitch

There are so many ways to build even the same tube type that I would not be comfortable unless a match can be made with another tube in hand. I have had this happen and usually toss them because they are never worth the chance of ruining your gear.

Is it this actual tube and its worth that you are worried about or are you trying to identify a tube type that you have a piece of equipment that needs a new tube and the socket isn't marked?

If the latter, what is it out of and where was it located in relation to other components?

Did you just find it under your pillow? ;)

Last edited:
im working on getting a pic of the amp and a few more pics of the tube, the yare taken now, just need to get my mate to pass em on. Could care less abotu worth, just need to figure out what it is so i can either use or sell the damn amp. Pain in my ass since day one, shame its such a good looker and it sounds great to boot.

cheers,
Colin

Back
Top Bottom