tube output indicator

Rob - in stock at radiotubesupply.com for $13 each. I just might have to add this to the schematic I sent you. Kind of gimmicky, but I like things over the top. :D

Sand packers (yea, sand packers!!!) got no eyes. How boring. It must be awful to limit oneself to only odd order harmonics.
Wards, looks like you are Dr Don's follower now.

6AF6G

Josh Stippich uses these (6AF6G) for the power on indicator light on his amps. Great little eye tubes. I stocked up on 5 of them, though my originals are still going strong. A little hard to find but not super tough. $13 is a good price. Cary uses a 1629 for power output indicator on CAD-805C I believe. The problem is eye tubes have long persistence phospor, so it just looks pretty normal, not really moving to the music... just sort of bright then not quite so bright... then bright again.

-Ed

On the chance that he might answer, I emailed Josh and asked him for any pointers on using this tube as a power indicator. Hopefully he will be receptive to helping a starting DIY tube amp designer out. :)

Ed Sawyer

I dont' think it's too hard to wire up, though I don't believe he's done that with them...

He's a bit busy now, getting married on 7/5/03, plus he just painted his whole house exterior by himself and he and family crew are redoing like 4 rooms in his place, incl. kitchen and bathroom - they are having the wedding @ their house, so sprucing it up. He's not had much time lately to work on his tube projects. :-/

Ed

Back
Top Bottom