Tube Preamp with a remote under $1K...what's the best option?

If you don’t need the extra gain of the Freya the Saga is another choice. I’ve had one in my main system for a few months now and it’s not going anywhere.

Bonus points if it has a phono stage...

Schiit Freya, maybe?
If you have a disability please disregard the following statement!
If you need a remote maybe you need to exercise more.
But otherwise, the electronics for a remote can have an audible effect especially on high gain circuits. This has been addressed in the more mature preamp designs, but may not be in the cheaper models.

If you have a disability please disregard the following statement!
If you need a remote maybe you need to exercise more.
But otherwise, the electronics for a remote can have an audible effect especially on high gain circuits. This has been addressed in the more mature preamp designs, but may not be in the cheaper models.

It’s a dual stereo/home theater setup, so remote becomes pretty key.

Are the remote electronics a known downside on any of the models mentioned so far?

If you have a tube amp for your audio system why do you need a tube preamp which will also work for your home theatre. I don't think that something like that really is very feasible. I do not subscribe to audiophile mags anymore, which are paying money for advertising, so i am not aware if they have actual home theatre tubed preamps. Audio tube preamps with a motorized VC are not unusual.

If you have a tube amp for your audio system why do you need a tube preamp which will also work for your home theatre. I don't think that something like that really is very feasible. I do not subscribe to audiophile mags anymore, which are paying money for advertising, so i am not aware if they have actual home theatre tubed preamps. Audio tube preamps with a motorized VC are not unusual.

2.1 setup for movies, not surround. I'm just using the system for TV in addition to music.

tubes4hifi offers optional motorized volume control. SP14 is very, very good and dead quiet preamp. Phono will have to be separate though.

Back
Top Bottom