Tube TV that sold for $6,665.65

KiM3Ce

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-19...m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Stumbled onto this on VideoKarma.

s-l1600.jpg

That seems really low for a working restored TRK-12.
Fwiw, I got one many years ago, from the original owner with spares, and passed it on in 1972.

fox_trk12.jpg
I think this one was mine, new. It had been "jeeped" as a studio monitor as well as working as an ota receiver.

Last edited:
It sez I'm not logged in, I know that. It doesn't take visitors then?
The section that it's posted in is In the marketplace section /classifieds.so unless your logged in you won't see it.unlike ak though there is no subscriber fee to view the classified section.

Thnx, I'm in!
Not my set, which went from SLC to CenCal, I think San Jose/ Palo Alto in the early 1970s. Radio buttons would have been tabbed for SLC stations.
I paid $14 for mine, with spare chassis and manuals in the early 1960s, they helped me load it into the back of a 1960 Falcon wagon. I might have been 16 at the time. The price for the next custodian was free for personal hands-on transport.

Last edited:
Musta had some really sentimental value for someone.
It should have been worth 8-12k or more in the early tv collector market. Pre-WW-2 TV stuff is fairly rare, tho the TRK-12 and variants are the most common sets.

Last edited:
That is cool. I just watched the episode of The Secret Life of Machines on TV's and they showed one similar from back when the tubes were so long they had to put them upright and use a mirror.

Back
Top Bottom