Tuesday Score: Pioneer SX-1000TW

H2s04

auralmicitisis
A trip to the dump after school can usually prove to be frustrating after a long day (well, long for me) looking foreward to a find since 5th period, as the dump has been a bit dry lately. Anywho, today ended well with a Pioneer SX-1000TW in fair condition. I was surprised by how heavy this unit was, although looking back, I'm not sure why; its a pioneer :) . The veneer is in good condition, but needs to be refinished (is it worth doing?) to get rid of some nasty mug/glass rings and a few other water stains. The dial glass is broken right where the Pioneer badge would have been screened; a replacement would be nice, or a reproduction, but I'm guessing thats out of the cards by now. I still haven't listened to the unit, but I plan to after I get some work done, and I predict to hear dirty pots, a bad transistor(s), leaky caps, or a combination of all three (thats just the sort of mood i'm in right now :lmao: ). The facia is in good condition with the original "FET IC 150W" sales sticker on the front, but someone (i'm presuming an artistic young child) came along and drew all over the knobs with pencil *gah* and I'm not sure how I'll get it off.

I've done a little research, and the spec info. changes with the wind; sometimes its a 20WPC receiver, other times its a 50WPC receiver, you know...

If anyone could give me some spec data, history, advertisements, etc., it would be appriciated :yes:

Thanks, Jeff

Nice :thmbsp: I love the green and pink and if it sounds anything like the sx-1500T you will be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom