Tuesday tunes

Originally posted by DingusBoy
I got a chance to see Sonny with John Hiatt last fall. Man that guy is one smokin' slide player. I haven't heard any of his solo stuff but he rips it up backing up Hiatt.

Yup- I saw 'em their last stop in Vegas- The Goners are as good live as any rock 'n roll band I've ever seen.

:thmbsp:

JD,
I agree! I like this better than "Come Away With Me" also. The title track "New York City" is great, sets the tone for the rest of the album.

I am hoping there might be some smoking guitars to go along with that great voice on her new CD.

BTW...I've got Shannon Curfman "Loud Guitars, Big Suspicions" playin' now. ;)

john

I'm sticking through this Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy disk. Sure am glad I didn't buy this one! :rolleyes: Maybe some Brian Setzer
to compensate for it next.

Carl

Might be a good night for Eric Johnson:

"Tones" then "Ah Via Musicom"

probably drag out some Dixie Dregs or Steve Morse

for the drive into work tomorrow.

-Dave

Finished the day listening to The Basement Tapes (Dylan & The Band) Side 4 on my completed Bottlehead Seduction phono stage.

It's been a very nice day.

Starting out this rainy Tuesday with some Community Coffee Hotel Blend brewed very strong, and listening to Lyle Lovett The Road To Ensanada while reading the WSJ.

Off topic: looking at the paper, it says Vodaphone is considering making a bid to buy not AT&T Wireless, but instead, all of Verizon, including Verizon Wireless, for $150 Billion+. Since this is my business & industry, that's a very interesting twist.

JD

Last edited:
Originally posted by bully
NP the Golden Palominos. Whew, some strong bass backing.
Playing on the big stereo :D

The Golden Palominos,Bully I always knew you had great taste!
Besides me,you are the second person I know that has a GP album

Alan

Here you go!!...just gonna leave it here for just so long...not appropiate for this forum.....too many kids out there......

Hey I don't have that cd,have to keep abreast of that!I am going bust buying cds.
The unique thing about the GP is each album has a different line-up.The early albums with Michael Stipe are excellent.

Alan

Last edited:
Received 2 Bill Evan's lp's today just finished "The Paris Concert"
Been a long day though may listen to the other tomorrow morning before work.

Dave

Listening to a Frank Zappa CD. " Cheap Thrills"

That I just got over the weekend its kewl

People make a lot of fuss about my kids having such supposedly 'strange names', but the fact is that no matter what first names I might have given them, it is the last name that is going to get them in trouble.
-- Frank Zappa, from The Real Frank Zappa Book

:smsex:

Listening to another new CD while preparing for work this morning.

Mary Ellen Casey ~ "Key"

Very talented singer/songwriter. You can hear influences of Mary-Chapin Carpenter, Amy Grant and Sarah McLachlan while her individualism clearly comes through.

-Dave

Must be female Tuesday. I gave another listen to Annie Lennox Bare. This disc is growing on me more with each listen. The opening track A Thousand Beautiful Things is a great opening song. Alan - do you have this disc?

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been less than impressed with Sting Sacred Love. I don't know what I was expecting, but so far, this isn't it. The guy has a great voice, but too much "synthesized" sound and ballad sounds on here for me. But, I've only listened in small doses, mainly in the car. I'll give it one serious listen at home.

Waiting for the stock market to open. One of our co's - Cingular, just bought AT&T Wireless. The deal finalized about 5 a.m. It's creating quite a buzz around here. We are paying $41 billion in an all cash deal. Those kind of figures are mindboggling to me, and most of us around here, except guys like Dave918!;)

JD

Back
Top Bottom