Tuna Helper?

art2music58

I have tried several places to get what i thought would be a simple answer , can one of you gentelman Please tell me how to get to the dial pointer in my Kenwood kt 7300 :scratch2: tuner? I have tried removing the top cover and also the front knob set screw but have gotten nowhere. The dial pointer looks as though it's comeing off track! Any Ideas? Thanks Randy.

You have to remove the face. A 1.5mm allen wrench to remove the main tuning knob may be needed, I know on my 7500 you need it. The rest of the knobs will pull off. Then you have screws on top and bottom to the rear of the faceplate that must be removed. If you have a pic you can send me I may be able to help. Be very careful as you don't want to break or damage the dial string. They can be a major pain to restring and you'll need the manual to do it. If you need to send it somewhere you should send it to Mike Williams of Radio X tuners who is one of our sponsors here. He's also very reasonable and does excellent work. You should have your tuner aligned and probably the power supply caps replaced anyway. Do those things and maybe a few signal path caps and you'll be surprised how good that tuner sounds. My KT 7500 sounds outstanding. I'm told even tuners costing thousands sound no better. I know it sounds better than any other tuner I've heard and I've owned and heard a significant number.

art2music58 said:
...The dial pointer looks as though it's comeing off track! Any Ideas? Thanks Randy.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "coming off track"?

If you mean that the dial pointer position no longer corresponds exactly to the frequency being tuned, this could be an indication that the tuner requires a professional alignment.

What i mean is the dial station indicater ( Pointer ) is loose and wobbles side to side when you attempt to turn the tuning knob. It seams to ride on top and not seated the way it should be. And Thank You both for your time and help.Randy.

I'll dig out the service manual for my KT-8300 tonight and see if I can discover anything that might be relevant.....

Back
Top Bottom