Tunder needle doesn’t correspond to digital station frequency

Stevescivic

so I was playing with SX-3800 tonight for the sake of playing and I noticed that the tuner needle doesn’t align with the radio station and digital tuner display. I tried shifting the needle to the right spot on the analog tuning scale but as I tune up and down the scale it is off on other stations but then spot on the station that I initially aligned to. It is almost like my tuner stringing is a bit of of whack. I paid a shop in town to restring the timer years ago but I never paid attention to whether or not it was done right. Radio works fine and the digital display IS accurate.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ah, right so that is not the method to align the dial pointer. No harm done though.

I don't work on that many Pioneer tuners, but I work on and have been working on two Sansui tuners which have a digital readout and an analogue pointer and had to correct both those ones.
What you'll need to do is get the manual and have a look at the procedure for doing only that part of the alignment.
Pioneer are renowned for having straight forward alignment procedures.

Hi, all.

Just in case the Dial Tracking alignment doesn't fix your problem, check the gear/shaft/wheel where the dial string attaches to the tuner assembly. I have a Sansui G-6700 that was mis-tracking the analog and digital tuning indicators. Turns out I have a cracked fitting at that location that causes the string to start advancing before the tuning shaft actually moves causing the indication off-set.

Back
Top Bottom