1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Tuner carriage hanging up- Sanyo plus 55

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Scott Link, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Scott Link

Scott Link AK Subscriber Subscriber

The carriage on my receiver/tuner gets hung up in a couple spots along the dial. I have to physically take the top off and lift up slightly on the carriage before it will move again. There doesn't appear to be any slack in the string....or slippage in the tuning knob.

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Scott Link

Anyone??

3. amptramp

amptramp Active Member

If you are talking about the carriage for the dial pointer, I have had that happen and the cause was contamination of the sliding surface. I used a Scotch-Brite pad to get the surface clean.

Scott Link likes this.
  4. Scott Link

Yes. As the dial
    Yes. As the dial moves across the face of the receiver, it gets hung up on something in a few places and won't allow the "pointer" to slide any farther down/up the dial.

What was the contaminant? Where did you end up having to scrub?

5. Punker X

Punker X Moderator Moderator Subscriber

Sometimes the cord gets stretched out if in tuned to same stations for years, sometimes bending the pulley to tighten the string or other means can work, also a little bee's wax on the cord can help. Sometimes to do it correctly the cord should be replaced. Hopefully cleaning the track will help.

Scott Link likes this.