tuner search

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by vintage27, Jan 17, 2018.

1. vintage27

vintage27 AK Subscriber Subscriber

howdy, I'm in search of a good tuner and would like to know other than ebay or craigslist where to begin. probably be in favor of an older one thats been either restored or at least given a good bill of health and performs well. thanks for any info.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. spinroch

spinroch Unspecified Life Form Subscriber

Bartertown right here on AK

classic carl and vintage27 like this.
  3. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

^What he said

spinroch and vintage27 like this.
  4. fredtroy

fredtroy Member

Usaudiomart and AudioAsylum are two additional options. If you aren't put off by tubes, there are some very good Scott tuners.

vintage27 and spinroch like this.
  5. macyjrm

macyjrm AK Subscriber Subscriber

Good tuners are available almost daily on the Audio Karma buy/sell forum titled “Barter Town “. To view it you must be an AK subscriber at a cost of $25 annually which IMO is a genuine bargain. And you are supporting what must be one of the finest venues on the Internet.

6. 911s55

911s55 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I suggest that you determine what type of tuner you want/need and then look for markets and vendors. There is a good 25-30 year span of various types and quality of tuners available from next to nothing $ to a few thousand dollars. Or you could just start randomly buying and trading, gaining experience and opinions along the way, depends how much time or money you wish to spend and in what order.

7. Showme2

Showme2 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I was looking for the same thing an my local used record store had a Yamaha T-2 "checked out" that I ended up buying for less that a 1/3 of the price ask. People aren't looking to buy tuners in general. A week later I bought a T-7 on CL not because I needed it but it was so cheap. Who doesn't need a backup for any vintage equipment.

vintage27 likes this.
  8. plresults

plresults AK Subscriber Subscriber

Lemm know if you want to part with that T-2. I am in search of one!

9. Showme2

Showme2 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll do that but I'm going to enjoy it for awhile. Thanks.

10. Punker X

Punker X Moderator Moderator Subscriber

Should be come a subscriber so you can see the Barter Town section. There was a T-2 for sale last week for $150. I let it sit for few days and no one moved on it, so I snatched it up.

plresults, TForan and DRecovery like this.
  11. plresults

plresults AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks Punker X. Yes, I let me subscription expire. Will renew. I am looking for a cosmetically perfect one. Missed out on one in Ebay this past week. :-(

12. Punker X

Punker X Moderator Moderator Subscriber

Then you didn't miss out. This one had several issues both electrical and cosmetic. Unless very lucky you will have to pay a premium for a minty T-2. Most I'm seeing these day even with a nice face and case have the problem of the paint coming off the meter pointers. Good Luck in your search.

13. Splatter Pak

Splatter Pak High-End Scrounger

Agreed - I like to check any tuner out on the Tuner Information Center before buying.