Tuner string reset

rockarolla

Yes the dummy that I am knocked the tuner string off the pulleys when opening the unit. Can anyone guild me with proper placement? The string is not broken.

Thanks,
JP

Tuner string

I checked today, and yes you nailed it. I have also contacted Dave for some lamps. I reviewed the archives for cleaning. It's coming along. I have been cleaning throughout the day. all switches and knobs are quiet except:

Power off I hear a pop.
The FM muting / ots switch does no lock into place when pushed.

Thanks,
JP

I checked today, and yes you nailed it. I have also contacted Dave for some lamps. I reviewed the archives for cleaning. It's coming along. I have been cleaning throughout the day. all switches and knobs are quiet except:

Power off I hear a pop.
The FM muting / ots switch does no lock into place when pushed.

Thanks,
JP
Might get lucky and just be a spring slipped out of position on that switch.

Aren't re-stringing dial cords lots of fun..:D:no:
I just finished re-stringing a Sansui 5000x..Believe me.A yamaha is easier..

Last edited:
A pop at power-off can indicate a defective or missing arc suppression network at the power switch. Best give this item some attention before long.

As part of an additional repair I needed to take the tuner dial out. I can not seem to be able to reinstall the tuner knob correctly. It seems real tight to turn.

Thanks,

Possibly a gummed up flywheel shaft & bushing..Had a CR-820 that was damn near glue together - greenish sticky crap..Disassemble- clean with acetone- then reassemble with a real light coat of white lithium grease.

Aren't re-stringing dial cords lots of fun..:D:no:
I just finished re-stringing a Sansui 5000x..Believe me.A yamaha is easier..

The G-7500 I recapped for a friend looked a nightmare.

Then it ended up back here a few months later because they stripped out the tuning dial knob. Turns out the shaft was nearly welded tight. I used some faderlube on it and got it free enough, but the stripped knob couldn't grab so I stuck an ugly Yamaha paddle knob (with set screw) on it to get him running while I keep an eye out for parts. I will probably need to be be disassembled and cleaned out. I suspect someone used petroleum base lube on it and the plastic sleeve swelled. People do seem to have a bad habit of spraying WD-40 on everything.

Also, the backside of the tuning shaft and a good part of the string has some black, sticky gunk on it. Any idea what someone might have put on it?

Thanks for the info. It worked just fine before I removed it (dial). I was thinking perhaps I was not installing it correctly.

Took it apart Cleaned and lubed.. Much better... now that dang string re-install. The next issue is I checked the phono section and it appears that the right channel is not working. All other outputs work great. Now what?

The next issue is I checked the phono section and it appears that the right channel is not working
What are you using to check it with? Only a TT gets plugged into the phono-Anything else risks damage to the front end of the phono EQ amp.:yes:Did you try swapping the left and right phono inputs around ,to eliminate the possibility that the source is the problem?

Try cleaning/recleaning the "Input select SW." and the "Phono Select SW."

Last edited:
Checked the source......Looks like a cleaning of the Input select SW." and the "Phono Select SW has worked, Thanks. Now back to the dang string!

What are you using to check it with? Only a TT gets plugged into the phono-Anything else risks damage to the front end of the phono EQ amp.:yes:Did you try swapping the left and right phono inputs around ,to eliminate the possibility that the source is the problem?

Try cleaning/recleaning the "Input select SW." and the "Phono Select SW."

I have one of those dead phono front ends in a A-760. I'm sure someone plugged something high line level into it. Not sure yet if it's the JFETs or IC Dual OpAmp, but looks like the latter.

thought I had it......Broke the string. What to replace with. I do have a Michaels craft store close. I was thing of some type of thread or string would work but what size?

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom