tuner to match C-28

I have a MR-74 in my system and it sounds fantastic. It is also a contemporary of the C-28 so the knobs and end-caps match exactly.

It may not be McIntosh's highest rated tuner but that is all relative anyway.

All up and including the MR77. Starting with the 78, the faceplate/knobs changed to the look almost like what the new stuff is.

I use the 77 with the 28 and prefer the sound of the 77 to the later 78 and 80 which were the last of the GREAT tuners.

How do you like the C28? I t is worth having it checked out and given the once over. I had mine done after 30 carefree years and what a difference.

Brian, I just purchased the C-28 from ebay and have not recieved it yet,but Ipurchased it after some lengthy research.I am going to be running it to a pair of vintage kenwood mono block amps[L-07M @150w/per channel,denon c.d. player ]I am either going to play my KLIPsch KLF 10's or A pair of maggies[SMG'a's] with it.How do you like the way it sounds?

The question really is - How do you like the way it sounds? The preamp and the amps are right up there. I like but am not a lover of Maggies which is strange since I owned and used bi-polars for most of my audio life. The CD I have no idea of and the Klipsch is a newer series and while I am familiar with and realy like the Heritage, I've not got enough experience with the other lineup to comment. I'd venture to guess that the system will make for a very good and revealing jazz system provided the room can handle the Maggies. For classical it may be just a bit "light" for my tastes. That's a pure guess only and should be given the proper discount - say 100%.

Back
Top Bottom