TV shows that cancelled to soon...

I still miss Life on Mars.
I also liked The Finder.
But this has to be one of the shortest run series ever-November 24, 1990 to December 22, 1990-Broken Badges. It was like the A-Team, in that they all were misfits who, when they pooled their varied talents, were almost unbeatable.
The series followed three police officers, J.J 'Bullet' Tingreedes, who was addicted to danger, Stanley 'Whipusall' Jones, a small man who would explode when people would make comments about his size, And Toby Baker, a kleptomanic. All of whom were on psychiatric leave from the police department. Together with former New Orleans cop Beau Jack Bowman and police psychiatrist Priscilla Mather they formed a crime fighting team.
The cast included Miguel Ferrer, Eileen Davidson, Jay Johnson, Ernie Hudson, Charlotte Lewis.

Life on Mars was cool :thmbsp:

Agreed - wait - do you mean the British one that ran 2 seasons, had excellent period music,
storyline jumped to Ashes to Ashes for another 3 seasons and actually wrapped nicely at the end?
DCI 'unt: To the Quattro!!

Or the American one with Harvey Keitel?

Last edited:
I watched both a few years ago and remember liking both very much.

They each had their own brand of charm IIRC

. . .But this has to be one of the shortest run series ever-November 24, 1990 to December 22, 1990- Broken Badges. It was like the A-Team, in that they all were misfits who, when they pooled their varied talents, were almost unbeatable.

The series followed three police officers, J.J 'Bullet' Tingreedes, who was addicted to danger, Stanley 'Whipusall' Jones, a small man who would explode when people would make comments about his size, And Toby Baker, a kleptomanic. All of whom were on psychiatric leave from the police department. Together with former New Orleans cop Beau Jack Bowman and police psychiatrist Priscilla Mather they formed a crime fighting team.

The cast included Miguel Ferrer, Eileen Davidson, Jay Johnson, Ernie Hudson, Charlotte Lewis.

I remember that show! That was a great ensemble show. Quirky, interesting characters who had trouble interacting with each other, let alone the general public. Setting the show in New Orleans just made it surreal (or made it work better - I'm not sure which).

Back
Top Bottom