Twangfest Spring 2010!

I'm hittin the shower, if anyone shows up, make yourself at home. The large black dog that looks like she's going to kill you is Jessie. Just say "Hi Jessie, I have treats" and you'll be fine.:D

:scratch2: Can Jessie tell if you're lying? :dunno:

Another Johnson County feller getting ready to show up in about an hour. My wife sends her best wishes and some coleslaw.

Drink lots of water today everyone - it's gonna be hot.

Regards,

D-Ray

:DAll loaded up! A little fuel and sundries,and on the road.

also a box of mysterious glass tubey things,and a burned out Heath tester....

Last edited:
Wish I were coming everyone. I'll do my best to make the fall fest (assuming there will be one). Stay cool everyone. It is indeed going to be a hot one today!

Have fun, people! :thmbsp: If anybody from MN makes their way down to Jay's be sure to send that CR-1020 along with them, Ken. :yes:

What's all this draggin' my good name through the mud stuff?

Russell I still got dibs on all the tubes we've spoken of in the past. It's not my fault you have not sent them to me.

Terrybluelight....I got dibs on that box of glass...I called it first.

Jay...I'm heading to McCarren now then to MCI then to KS to pull a legendary tube grab

:yes::banana::D:banana:

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

You all have a great time. I was just telling the wife this is the second KCfest I've missed and I'm not pleased about it.

All you tube gurus, put your collective heads together and see if you can get my Hickcock tube tester up and running. It's only been at the spa for a year or so now......:)

Let's see some pics soon guys.

"I got dibs on that box of glass...I called it first.":D They're at Jay's waiting on you!
Thanks all,for good food and a good time! I'd have been a little more sociable, but the heat was getting to me.Terry

I, as well, had a great time this evening. Jay and Sue are great hosts with a great place on the lake. It was nice to associate faces with some of the posters on this forum. I haven't seen such a collection of equipment that there was at the "swap & shop" in quite some time. I wish I had taken photos of 'stuff' and people but I didn't take my camera. Maybe next time.
Thanks again for a great evening, everyone!
Brian

For those of you who didn't make it, I can advise you that the brisket was delicious, the taters were amazing, the tunes were great, and there was some terrific gear there. The hosts, as always, were outstanding, the company was the type of folks we have come to expect from AK - a very fun visit. The weather sucked. MrBillKC will post a pic of what the sun did to the platter mat on the BIC turntable I took over. Fortunately, the people and the dogs survived.

Regards,

D-Ray

Always disappointing missing the wonderful people and fun at these KC events.

Glad to hear fun was had by all.

Maybe I can figure out a way to make the fall fest.

Back
Top Bottom