Twangfest Spring 2010!

Thanks Jay and Suzie for hosting another awesome fest. Great food, great gear and great company. Well it was pretty hot but every drop of sweat was worth the time spent with fellow AKr's. Patiently waiting till the next fest, Mave

Jay and Suzie had a good time inspite of the tire problems I had, and it was good to see everybody again. Now time for bed, night all
Steven A.

As usual it was nice to see all the AK Bretheren again. Great conversation, Great Food, Great People....Wonderful Hosts...Many thanks to Jay and Susie for their hospitality. Hope everyone made it home safely. Looking forward to the Fall. Godspeed everyone !!! :yes:

It was a great day. The smaller than usual crowd actually made it a bit easier to converse. The LaScalas and the Fraziers out in the driveway sounded just awesome despite the heat. I enjoyed it immensely! A big thanks to our hosts.

A big thanks to Jay and Mrs. Jay for another great event. As always there was some fine and unique toys to look at and play with.

D Ray showed us how to modify a turntable platter mat using only the natural energy of the sun. Now if we can only find some LPs warped to the same shape as his newly modded mat. I've attached a photo for those of you who would like to duplicate this mod.

Tox Crusader had a vintage RCA cassette player from the early 60's or late 50's. I'd seen a video on YouTube showing this revolutionary new format. You'd need a big pocket to hold one of these cassettes!

The last photo attached is a shot of some Festers listening to Orionkc's Fraziers sitting on top of the LaScalas. Hard to believe that those Fraziers are a 2 way system with just an 8" woofer.

Again, thanks to the hosts and all the great Twangfesters.

Attachments

• turntable.jpg
    turntable.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 71
  • RCA-recorder.jpg
    RCA-recorder.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 59
  • jays1.jpg
    jays1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 80
I'm glad you got a photo of somebody. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a camera.

What's all this draggin' my good name through the mud stuff?

Russell I still got dibs on all the tubes we've spoken of in the past. It's not my fault you have not sent them to me.

Terrybluelight....I got dibs on that box of glass...I called it first.

Jay...I'm heading to McCarren now then to MCI then to KS to pull a legendary tube grab

:yes::banana::D:banana:

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

You all have a great time. I was just telling the wife this is the second KCfest I've missed and I'm not pleased about it.

All you tube gurus, put your collective heads together and see if you can get my Hickcock tube tester up and running. It's only been at the spa for a year or so now......:)

Let's see some pics soon guys.

If its a model 800, I used it and it was working fine!

Russellc

You should see the tubes I conned old Russel out of. Probably about 2500 bux worth for 50 dollars. It was easy, I just got him all hopped up on brownies first.:smoke:

This has got to stop! I woke up to no tubes! Everybody said some guy from Vegas pick pocketed me whilst dreaming!:yes:

Russellc

Great time as always, a little hot got a sunburn but fun, hopefully fall will be nicer and those that missed this time will be able to make it.

D Ray showed us how to modify a turntable platter mat using only the natural energy of the sun. Now if we can only find some LPs warped to the same shape as his newly modded mat. I've attached a photo for those of you who would like to duplicate this mod.

I think I have a copy of J. Geils "Bloodshot" that may work on that mat. :D

Looks like you guys had some bug fun!!

Here's some more photos from yesterday.

Attachments

• jays2.jpg
    jays2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 74
  • jays3.jpg
    jays3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 75
  • jays4.jpg
    jays4.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 70
  • jays5.jpg
    jays5.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 72

Ouch!!! next time try a little SPF 60.:D

It was a great time and got to see some old friends once again.

Jay & Suzie were great hosts as usual!

Still enjoying what KC has to offer till Monday.

Scott

Mark looked at that tester yesterday Paul. I don't see it here, so he must have taken it for repairs.

Back
Top Bottom