Twin Cities get-together date.

But we held them back with the cannon fire and sent then home running to the Flight of the Valkyries! :banana:

Thanks Ron for a great time!! It was great to meet new and old members and their gear. I think your next one we'll leave the Peaveys and Crown home as I saw your next door neighbor arming herself with sticks and stones. :D

I'm pretty sure it got their attention anyway :D

Your welcome! I had a great time also.

RC

I just wanted to chime in with a big THANK YOU RON! It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new friends. :tresbon:

By the way....I don't think I have ever seen a greyhound try to turn down the volume of an amp before. But then, it was "Baylee the audio dog":smoke:

Looks like a fine time was had by all. I hope to be seeing some of you guys in KC in a couple weeks.

I just wanted to chime in with a big THANK YOU RON! It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new friends. :tresbon:

By the way....I don't think I have ever seen a greyhound try to turn down the volume of an amp before. But then, it was "Baylee the audio dog":smoke:

Your welcome Jack and thank you again also :thmbsp:

I heard about that. Bailey is pretty much a Jazz Hound and is pretty particular. Must have been some Heavy Metal or something playing at the time :D

Looks like a fine time was had by all. I hope to be seeing some of you guys in KC in a couple weeks.

I'm work'in on it Jay :thmbsp:

RC

Your welcome Jack and thank you again also :thmbsp:

I heard about that. Bailey is pretty much a Jazz Hound and is pretty particular. Must have been some Heavy Metal or something playing at the time :D

I'm work'in on it Jay :thmbsp:

RC

Like the old man said ........"Work Hard".:yes:

Ooof, what a get together! I think that I liked the "Ride of the Valkries" very much, much more than the "1812 Overture". I think that the reason that I liked it more was because we played it AFTER we angered the neighbors with the 1812.

Peter, it was a good thing that you had that on digital!!

Ron, we should do this again soon, I had quite a bit of fun, and so did my dad. He is now a member of AK....took him long enough!! But all kidding aside, it was great to put a name to face, and meet new people. I am glad that I went, and I will most certainly be at the next one, if that's OK with you!

Retro, I hope that you enjoyed using the Cube for a bit, and I'm sorry that I couldn't stay longer-but you know how that goes.

MAXZ28, glad to finally meet you after talking with you on the phone. I hope to hear from you soon when those ADS's come in...or if you want to call and do the social BS on the phone, be my guest.

SniperDolan, hope you call me soon and pick up that tube amp. I can't wait to help you start your journey into tubes, and this little guy is a great place to start.

Eagle1, you are cool, what else can I say!?

Goat67, BRING THE CROWN BACK!!! That was a ton of fun, and I could hear it in the car with the windows rolled up about 6 houses away....a little loud, wasn't it?

To our cooks, OUTSTANDING! Everything was great to eat, and it was a beautiful day to cook out on the BBQ!!

Also, to the fine person who gave up the Sansui TU-7900 tuner for a door prize, thanks. I finally got around to hooking it up today, and it rocks!

And to all the people that I forgot to mention specifically, it was great to meet you, and I completely look forward to doing this again! It was fun, and for a change, I got to spend time around people who actually know something about equipment (I live with people who ask "What does this button do?" Don't touch!), so thanks for that.

Thanks for a great day, it was a memorable one!!

Jason

Ooof, what a get together! I think that I liked the "Ride of the Valkries" very much, much more than the "1812 Overture". I think that the reason that I liked it more was because we played it AFTER we angered the neighbors with the 1812.

Ron, we should do this again soon, I had quite a bit of fun, and so did my dad. He is now a member of AK....took him long enough!! But all kidding aside, it was great to put a name to face, and meet new people. I am glad that I went, and I will most certainly be at the next one, if that's OK with you!

Retro, I hope that you enjoyed using the Cube for a bit, and I'm sorry that I couldn't stay longer-but you know how that goes.

MAXZ28, glad to finally meet you after talking with you on the phone. I hope to hear from you soon when those ADS's come in...or if you want to call and do the social BS on the phone, be my guest.

SniperDolan, hope you call me soon and pick up that tube amp. I can't wait to help you start your journey into tubes, and this little guy is a great place to start.

Eagle1, you are cool, what else can I say!?

Goat67, BRING THE CROWN BACK!!! That was a ton of fun, and I could hear it in the car with the windows rolled up about 6 houses away....a little loud, wasn't it?

To our cooks, OUTSTANDING! Everything was great to eat, and it was a beautiful day to cook out on the BBQ!!

Also, to the fine person who gave up the Sansui TU-7900 tuner for a door prize, thanks. I finally got around to hooking it up today, and it rocks!

And to all the people that I forgot to mention specifically, it was great to meet you, and I completely look forward to doing this again! It was fun, and for a change, I got to spend time around people who actually know something about equipment (I live with people who ask "What does this button do?" Don't touch!), so thanks for that.

Thanks for a great day, it was a memorable one!!

Jason

Glad to hear you guys has a good time. It was great meeting both you and your Dad and I hope to see the both of you at the next one :thmbsp:

You bring up a good point that is worth repeating. I could not pull off one of these easily if it were not for a lot of good people helping out. Organizing, set-up, gear, food prep and clean up takes a ton of work. It's the friends around you that help make it a smooth running, fun event. I'm a truly fortunate soul, as I have some great friends around me.

Thanks guys!

RC

I wonder how many of the neighbors are familiar with the 1979 film "Apocalypse Now"??! I love that scene with Robert Duvall playing Lt. Colonel Kilgore:

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

If so "the Valkyries" might have scared 'em far worse than the cannons from 1812! <ha, ha>

Oops! Sorry about that, Ron. I keep forgetting that you live in that neighborhood year 'round. :D

So when is the next great adventure?

I suppose Ron, you're a little bummed that you didn't get that VOM integrated tube amp. If it wasn't for the fact that I signed up for the door prize, it would have been yours. But I do have a favor to ask of you; Can you help me with a 30's to 40's Emerson AM radio? I need to test the tubes, and my friend is quite a distance to drive. I can tell you that when you turn it on, all it does is buzz. I don't know enough about tubes to do this myself, and I saw the tubes in the garage, and put 2 & 2 together. Let me know what you think!

Jason

Glad to hear you guys has a good time. It was great meeting both you and your Dad and I hope to see the both of you at the next one :thmbsp:

You bring up a good point that is worth repeating. I could not pull off one of these easily if it were not for a lot of good people helping out. Organizing, set-up, gear, food prep and clean up takes a ton of work. It's the friends around you that help make it a smooth running, fun event. I'm a truly fortunate soul, as I have some great friends around me.

Thanks guys!

RC

Well Ron, next time I won't be a guest, but rather a repeat offender, so if we do get together again this year, I'm totally game, and I will try to pitch in what I can! Thanks again, it was fun.

Jason

So when is the next great adventure?

I suppose Ron, you're a little bummed that you didn't get that VOM integrated tube amp. If it wasn't for the fact that I signed up for the door prize, it would have been yours. But I do have a favor to ask of you; Can you help me with a 30's to 40's Emerson AM radio? I need to test the tubes, and my friend is quite a distance to drive. I can tell you that when you turn it on, all it does is buzz. I don't know enough about tubes to do this myself, and I saw the tubes in the garage, and put 2 & 2 together. Let me know what you think!

Jason

The VOM sounded like a fun piece but I'm sure Dolan is going to love it once it has been gone over :thmbsp:

About the Emerson. First off, don't turn it on anymore ok :D

Sure, I can test the tubes for you. Maybe not until next week but I can test them. Tube might be mostly "OK" but it's more than likely capacitors that need replacement among other things.
RC

It wouldn't suprise me. It belonged to my great-grandfather, so it has a bit of family history about it. I promise that I won't turn it on anymore, and I am not sure if I can swing over there next week, my friends got foreclosed on and I am helping them move. We need to chat later to see what is going on, and work something out from there. Thanks for the help!

Jason

I wonder how many of the neighbors are familiar with the 1979 film "Apocalypse Now"??! I love that scene with Robert Duvall playing Lt. Colonel Kilgore:

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

If so "the Valkyries" might have scared 'em far worse than the cannons from 1812! <ha, ha>

Oops! Sorry about that, Ron. I keep forgetting that you live in that neighborhood year 'round. :D

IT SMELLS LIKE....VICTORY :thmbsp:

Ron
I want to thank you for a great day. It was a blast :D
It was fun to meet a bunch of new people and to put faces to the names.
The food was great and the neighbors were too :yes:
I think the Crown will be retired and will not be making another appearance
as the Peveys will be sold it was fun to see what it and the Peveys could do ....
never did hit clipping......
Thanks again
Jerry

Ron
I want to thank you for a great day. It was a blast :D
It was fun to meet a bunch of new people and to put faces to the names.
The food was great and the neighbors were too :yes:
I think the Crown will be retired and will not be making another appearance
as the Peveys will be sold it was fun to see what it and the Peveys could do ....
never did hit clipping......
Thanks again
Jerry

I'm surprised that there was anything left hanging on the wall in the garage after the performance :D

It was great to see you again also Jerry! Maybe next time, we will have something else to give the big Crown amp a work out if the Peaveys are sold. I'm sure we can come up with something by then ;)

RC

I'm surprised that there was anything left hanging on the wall in the garage after the performance :D

It was great to see you again also Jerry! Maybe next time, we will have something else to give the big Crown amp a work out if the Peaveys are sold. I'm sure we can come up with something by then ;)

RC
I guess we have to give credit to those custom Peavey floor stands! Have you checked fo new cracks in the garage concrete? BTW the speakers are still out available if anyone is interested, but I'd think you want to live on a farm or Shea stadium.

More good karma has befallen. Jerry drove down to Greg's Monday and brought back some gear, one which one happened to be a parts unit CT-F1250 with pristine pinch roller assy's which I was in dire need of for mine. Installed them last night and did my alignment thing. Now it tracks like a beauty. My thanks to Greg and Jerry for keeping me in mind. Who says "Minnesota Nice" doesn't exist. Best yet what a great group to be friends with!!!:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom