Two big problems with my Yamaha CR-2040

I will order the transistors soon.
But I noticed that some of the zener diodes (D902, D918 and 907) has been replaced with smaller ones.

The original zenerdiodes in the power supply seems to be:
RD6.2E B2.

But this confuses me,
On the schematic D910, D911 and D914 has the symbol for regular diodes,
but when I look in the receiver, in those places there are zener diodes.
Isn't it supposed to be regular diodes there?

Even D906, D905, D913, D912, D903 and D904 looks like regular diodes in the schematic, but in the receiver they look like zener diodes.

I'm planning to replace the diodes aswell.
And the ceramic caps, C902, C901 and C924. Are they in micro, pico or nanofarad?

Anyone who can solve this?

Hello Lelle

Yes we can !

Having schematic is not all :scratch2:

Do you have the complete service manual ?
Do you have the REVISED parts list with it ? I don't think so ..
Take a look on my pictures, this is the REVISED parts list for CR1040 , I know that you talk about CR2040 but was is true for CR1040 is also for CR2040 regarding the parts list :banana:
In this parts list YAMAHA did precise that they are interchangeable , so don't worried !

Now regarding capacitors : all capacitors value under 1 are in Microfarad ,all the other it is indicated !

Do you need something else ?

The right description of the diode is not RD6.2E B2 but RD62EB2

Attachments

• CR1040-revised-parts-list-R.jpg
    CR1040-revised-parts-list-R.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 33
  • CR1040-revised-parts-list-page-24-R.jpg
    CR1040-revised-parts-list-page-24-R.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The CR-1040 is different from CR-2040.

The CR-2040 has discreet outputs.

CR-1040 has Outputs are STK0080 II

I will order the transistors soon.
But I noticed that some of the zener diodes (D902, D918 and 907) has been replaced with smaller ones.

The original zenerdiodes in the power supply seems to be:
RD6.2E B2.

But this confuses me,
On the schematic D910, D911 and D914 has the symbol for regular diodes,
but when I look in the receiver, in those places there are zener diodes.
Isn't it supposed to be regular diodes there?

Even D906, D905, D913, D912, D903 and D904 looks like regular diodes in the schematic, but in the receiver they look like zener diodes.

I'm planning to replace the diodes aswell.
And the ceramic caps, C902, C901 and C924. Are they in micro, pico or nanofarad?

Anyone who can solve this?

Why replace all the ceramics? All glass diodes pretty much look the same reguardless if there zener or glass general purpose. You can't go by LOOK's.

Look at these two examples...
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMtoHjESLttvkiGj%2bwOCLnTLguFbJ9qutuI=
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMtQ8nqTKtFS/C7KvLOwmmQClhzrvte7btY=

Last edited:

Yes I know that but did you read the parts list ? did you see that these diodes are interchangeable ?
I didn't have original SM for CR2040 when I sent you my message but what is the problem ? If the diodes are interchangeable for CR1040 they are also for CR2040 ! :thmbsp:

Making service on YAMAHA old gear more than 30 years I know that too ...
and in my point of view there is no relation between output section and the fact that these diodes are interchangeable

the reason of my messages was to help you in your trouble , what else ?

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit unsure, however the zenerdiodes needs to be replaced.

I was a bit worried so I don't replace the diodes with the wrong type.

So the BA282-TR diodes, and the TZX3V3B-TR zener diodes will work just fine?
So I can buy them?

I guess I don't have to be worried.

Sorry If I ask so many questions,

I'm thankful for all the help I get from all of you. :) :yes: :thmbsp:

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit unsure, however the zenerdiodes needs to be replaced.

I was a bit worried so I don't replace the diodes with the wrong type.

So I can buy them?

I guess I don't have to be worried.

Sorry If I ask so many questions,

I'm thankful for all the help I get from all of you. :) :yes: :thmbsp:

So I can buy them?

NO ! Those were just examples of glass diodes. Replace with the correct substitutes!

yes of course, any recommendations of what diodes and zener diodes I should order?

Last edited:
FYI, I have a 2040 - REVISED Parts List I can scan and send you if you PM me your email address.

Thank you very much, I need these diodes.

D902
D903
D904
D906
D907
D910
D911
D912
D913
D914
D918

I want to be sure, so I thought I replace all these just to be sure. Because some of the diodes seems to be the wrong type, some of them have strange values.

I will send you a pm, mr_light.

Last edited:
I will order the parts for the receiver the upcoming week, I don't give up. I will manage to resurrect my yamaha receiver. I can barely wait to restore it and get it back to life. I've heard that this receiver is enough for using large speakers, and that it sounds very good.
And thanks again for the part-list mr_light. :)

I forgot to mention D905, but they are the same as D903/904/906 according to the parts list.

But a few things confuses me, many Ref.No in the parts list is empty.

I'll post an image from the parts list. I've put an red "?" beside the empty boxes.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=443735&stc=1&d=1374506484

And will this work fine?

TR901 and TR902: KSA992fbu

TR903: KSC1845fta

TR904: Mje344g

TR905: Mje350

TR915: TIP41C

You mentioned some of the transistors earlier, but will this work fine?

Attachments

• diodes.jpg
    diodes.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
But a few things confuses me, many Ref.No in the parts list is empty.

I'll post an image from the parts list. I've put an red "?" beside the empty boxes.
Its and either/or thing. In the first colume - reference number -blank space below would be the same reference numbers as above it. Yamaha used either part number in the production line. Same diode specs ,different manufacturer,different part number. Just use the parts I suggested for each of the reference numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me. Now that I know which parts I need, I will order them, and hope that my yamaha receiver will come alive. New lamps shouldn't be to hard to find substitutes.

Back
Top Bottom