Two computer one chair.

Oerets

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Two computers one chair.

Been having trouble with one computer handling my music recording. So in the process of connecting another desk top. The end result being one as a control, the other music and video only. To enable access the second from the first. Use one monitor if possible. Now looks like a command center with two key boards and monitors.

I can now through the router get to the files on the second computer. Think the way it is now could be call master/slave combo. But need to enter commands from the first computer via keyboard mouse monitor onto second computer.

Is this the best way to connect them up? Thinking remote settings?

Barney

Last edited:
Under Windows, run Remote Desktop. You can control a windows machine from an OSX or Windows machine.

To put Linux (Android included) in the mix, you need to run a VNC server in the server machine, and control it from VNC clients that can run in all the platforms, including an Android phone or an apple I-phone. Apple has it's own remote desktop, I think it's VNC compatible.

This (VNC and Remote desktop) allow you to use the whole operative system from another computer, you manage the graphic desktop from other computer.

There are many other solutions, depending of what you need to do. I have my music server connected to my amp, running an MPD server (Music Player Daemon), and I control the playlists, play, pause, volume control, from my phone, using an MPD client for android. But I don´t need to enter any command to the server, I just control the music from my phone, not the operative system.

There are many music software that allow to do that kind of remote control, even streaming from one device to another.

What he said. The Windows remote desktop works very well, though I think its only available on the business or pro or whatever editions. The home edition usually doesn't have the server software built in. If thats what you have, VNC works pretty well and its free.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Been busy with other projects and it is working now. Just have one tower complete with monitor and keyboard for music and video and through the router transfer files to another computer. Or not, gotten use to the setup now.

Barney

Back
Top Bottom