Two New Fishers Back In Circulation

fisher1

Hi, after a couple of post here and a lot of help from "you guy's", I have revived my KX200 and Km60. What great sounding pieces! . After replacing the coupling caps, some electorlytics, the selenium rectifier and installing some "new" old sylvaina tubes. They sound very good!
I also refinished the wood cases, which were in very good shape and got the bias set ...I had to rebuild and replace the bias circuits...had an open circuit in the bias pot and put all the "recommended" resistors in place.
Any recommendations on any antennas? Is the simple 300 ohm antenna good enough?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 34
That's a very, very nice combo! I have one of each as well. And, congrats on a refurb and getting them singing again!

As far as an antenna goes, it all depends on how strong the FM signals are in your area. And, the state of the KM-60's alignment and performance, of course. If you live reasonably close to a metro area, and/or you aren't buried between huge office buildings and apartments, a 300 ohm dipole will work great.

Ooh, forgot to mention...matching cabinets, too! Sweet!

Thanks for the reply. I can't count how many 300 ohm antennas I threw out over the years. Now I don't have one! Oh well. I forgot to mention I have the gold knob caps on order. It's got to look and sound good also!

300 ohm antenna: $1.00 at a thrift store near you.

These will be in the form of rabbit ears on a post that used to go into the top of a TV. Drill a hole in a wood block to hold them up. Stain and varnish recommended.

Never throw them out. Can't have too many of them.

Nice looking combo! I like the matched wood cabinets too. What speakers are you running with the Fishers?

Thanks for all the comments. I have just dove in to tube audio with these two Fisher pieces. I have built many tube guitar amps and appreciate their sound. so naturally tube audio was next! I remember my dad's Fisher reciever playing through a pair of Ohm speakers...good stuff back in the '70's. So to answer the question about the speakers I have played them through a pair of Polk rti4's and are now using Infinity p162's. Any speaker recommendations? Here is a link to my first post...
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=326251

Thanks.

Once again, more vintage Fisher pieces back in circulation.

Great to see that they have not lost their allure even after all these years.

Cheers

Here's a DIY formula for making a dipole antenna. The factory units a usually made to a less than optimal length across the T arms. I've also read that sometimes mounting the T section vertically works better. It does for me.

http://www.kgnu.org/ht/helpfm.html

Nice restore. Have fun with your new gear.

John

Back
Top Bottom