Two Technics But Which One?

.... Shelly - I had no idea that the specs were so poor regarding wow/flutter and rumble on the LP120. In that case, perhaps a replacement is in order.

The most useful site on the web (IMHO) for turntable info is: https://www.vinylengine.com/ I Linked to their database but the entire site is useful. In this case I had to download the user's manual to get to the specs but its free to do that, you just need to register.

Hope this helps.

Shelly_D

I'm familiar with vinylengine and use it often - my ignorance of the specs was more due to laziness and assumptions, as I have never really looked into AT turntables. I am rather shocked at the specs to be honest, when compared to even modest vintage tables.

I think ill check it out now. I was looking at his other items. He's got some other nice stereo stuff.

Excellent, now make sure you report back once you do. We are now invested in this and need to know the outcome. Well, I am.

I have an SL-D2 and it is a solid performer. Not much to go wrong with the weakest spot being the dust cover hinges.

Well I'm back. I ended up buying more than expected. I got the PL-7 turntable (with the yellow Shure Premier cartridge and he said the stylus is good) plus a Sansui 661 and a pair of Epicure-10 speakers for $265. I hope this was a good deal. He had it all hooked up and played everything. Sounded really good. I figured I drove all that way and almost got lost when I took a wrong turn so I better make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
The SL D2 is very solid and proven to be quite reliable.

I would take it over the LP120 and the SL 2000 any day.

Back
Top Bottom