Two versions of American 2285B

BobP

I have discovered recently that there are two different versions U.S. 2285B models - one with one AUX input, one with two AUX inputs.

Mine has one input and production date of may 1978. Are two AUX models newer or older?

Besides nuber of AUX inputs, do they differ in any other details inside?

I have found both service manuals but have no time to proofread for differences.

TIA

All I know, FM-Dolby never had a chance in Europe. That is why the Euro Models 2285B/2330B/2385/2500/2600 did have 2 Aux Inputs on the selector switch and no Dolby ad-on pocket on the rear.
US models had to sacrifice one Aux input for FM-Dolby operation on the selector switch.
There was also an extra version for military BX/PX sales, it usually had a 2-wire mains-cord with US plug, but a 110-120-220-240Volt selector switch on the rear.

Does your 2-Auxes model have a voltage selector?

Helmut

All I know, FM-Dolby never had a chance in Europe. That is why the Euro Models 2285B/2330B/2385/2500/2600 did have 2 Aux Inputs on the selector switch and no Dolby ad-on pocket on the rear.
US models had to sacrifice one Aux input for FM-Dolby operation on the selector switch.
There was also an extra version for military BX/PX sales, it usually had a 2-wire mains-cord with US plug, but a 110-120-220-240Volt selector switch on the rear.

Does your 2-Auxes model have a voltage selector?

Helmut

Helmut, thanks for the reply. My 2285B has one AUX, FM dolby pocket and no
voltage switch outside.

Back
Top Bottom