TX-9500ii on the right (multi)path?

cuda440

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm still getting acquainted with my TX-9500ii and was experimenting with the multipath switch. The manual says that when engaged "the multipath sound can be heard in both the left and tight channels".

I don't hear anything different when the switch is on or off, that is, I just hear the station I have tuned in. Am I going something wrong or am I just blessed with no multipath distortion across the entire dial?

Thanks for listening.

When you select the multipath, the signal meter becomes an antenna indicator. You then can rotate the antenna for the best reception. I think when the meter reads as far to the left as it can, you dialed the antenna in for the best signal.

Multipath is a mono signal, sent to the left and right speakers.

it is an UN-averaged version of what is sent to the signal strength meter. So if you hear volume deviations (rapid - "picket fence") that is multipath interfering.

Tune for the best sound. If you have nothing around you and the transmitter in the area (especially closer to the antenna) that reflects radio waves you won't get much multipath signal cancelation (interference).

Back
Top Bottom