tybrad's system snapshot (for now)

tybrad

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi all,
I got the final piece of my three home systems today and it is all set up. The listening space is not ideal; 15x18 and 3-1/2 walls, but it is what I have for now. The three systems are together in this one room until I spread them into additional locations in the house. Right now, I am enjoying the ambience of everything together and being able to switch systems without switching rooms. Heck, I will even sometimes have everything powered on just for the light show when doing night listening. Ignore the bpc in the middle- HT stuff that will likely go in favor of a 2ch HT. So here it all is...

The listening space and all equipment. See my sig, but I know you all will not need it to ID the equip:thmbsp:

DSCF3058.jpg

Sources, muscle, brains, and fun stuff. Color organs are nice for my disco moods:banana:

DSCF3066.jpg

The triple mouth-pairs for the three systems (plus the Minimus 7W's atop the KLH's). And holy crap- am I ever amazed at those Walshes!

DSCF3062.jpg

The main beef.

DSCF3059.jpg

DSCF3061.jpg

My two tt's

DSCF3060.jpg

For me... well... it keeps me off the streets and is just good, clean fun!
So whatcha think? As we all do, my setups will continue to evolve... still REALLY want a pair of ESS AMT1C's!

Lots of good stuff in there. I used to have a Technics receiver like that one...about 30 yrs ago.

Love it!

Great h/k tuner!

Also had the big brothers to those Infinitys back in the day. Very nice

Nice looking system(s).
+1 on that series Technics. Underrated IMHO. I had the SA505 for awhile and it had surprising punch for its wattage.:thmbsp:

Hi Rome,
The artwork and poetry sign are from my late father- artist, dad, father, mentor... and nearly one year gone now.

Hi tybrad!

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing, but he would be proud you have displayed the sign. I like it!

Stop by my "Neon Bongo" thread for a cup of poetry if you would like to.

Rome

Some great gear there.

That is a massive Sansui receiver. I remember :drool: over them years ago when I could not afford it.

How do you like the MusicHall CD player.

Some great gear there.

That is a massive Sansui receiver. I remember :drool: over them years ago when I could not afford it.

How do you like the MusicHall CD player.

I like the MH player though I use it as a source maybe 10-15% of the time. I am a record lover and listen to lots of my NPR/College/Independent WTMD FM a lot. This player is the smoothest, most tube-like player I have heard in the under $700 range; little harshness in the treble and not as clinical as some can be.

what model are those infinitys? my uncle had some kappa 9's when I was younger and have always loved the sound of those speakers, I would love to get some smaller ones like what you have! great looking system!

what model are those infinitys? my uncle had some kappa 9's when I was younger and have always loved the sound of those speakers, I would love to get some smaller ones like what you have! great looking system!

Those are 7's- the original, acoustic suspension design. I read some bad reviews on the ported ones; boomy bass and such. These have very tight bass but sometimes I feel that the EMITs are too harsh. Very happy overall though!

Nice looking system(s).
+1 on that series Technics. Underrated IMHO. I had the SA505 for awhile and it had surprising punch for its wattage.:thmbsp:

Yeah... I had begun with an SA303 when I was 18 in '79. Found the 404 at a local thrift store two years ago and wanted to end up with a complete 101-505 series of examples from the series. That G9000 steered me onto another course...

Back
Top Bottom