Underhanded used car dealer tricks

(Sarcasm mode on.) I'm so happy to pay the high taxes and put up with the wall flowers. (Sarcasm mode off.) In California, our cars are spotless. Even our junkyard cars are rust free and most of them have nice paint.

Yep, and we pay hundreds of dollars to register them, hundreds to smog them every other year, and hundreds more in gas taxes, and coming soon to a cell phone near you - TEXT taxes!

stuff that eats oil drives me nuts. My diesel has a slight oil leak on the turbo that makes it suck oil, but its a quart every 2500 miles. For the mileage I put on that car, I just can't justify a turbo rebuild plus whatever collateral damage would take place from trying to remove an exhaust part that likely hasn't been touched in 34 years.

Yes,but when that seal fails completely ''collateral damage'' will be massive and spectacular.

yeah I know. The seals in this thing are a metal ring, not a rubber seal so it shouldn't be prone to sudden failure. If there was any play in that rotor shaft I'd be a lot more concerned.

Like these?

Looks like the mosquitoes mediation county fogging trucks driving through my neighborhood, now and when a kid in the mid sixties !!
Mercy sakes alive on the memory`s of closely following the county trucks spewing major toxic chemical vapor, whilst on my bicycle around the neighborhood with my friends in those earlier years !!

Can you call me "Toxic Ted" ?!?!
And why am I alive @ 64 years, and in decent heath whist smoking approx. a pack a day of Winston`s since 1981 ? HA !!

My immune system has been running WFO since then, and before, and has not had a rest !!

I, and my peer`s grew up with all the goodgenes, & toxins and weren't overly protected by our parents !!

I, and my peer`s grew up with all the goodgenes, & toxins and weren't overly protected by our parents !!

And, we managed to survive many years of driving cars that were WAY too fast for their crappy suspensions and drum brakes, no seat belts, airbags, bias-ply tires, no ABS, DSC, or other electronic nannies. I still have one friend left alive (my best friend) from when we were kids, we still joke about all the times we "cheated death", and the fact that it`s amazing we`re still alive after all the really stupid shit we did Back In The Day....

And, we managed to survive many years of driving cars that were WAY too fast for their crappy suspensions and drum brakes, no seat belts, airbags, bias-ply tires, no ABS, DSC, or other electronic nannies. I still have one friend left alive (my best friend) from when we were kids, we still joke about all the times we "cheated death", and the fact that it`s amazing we`re still alive after all the really stupid shit we did Back In The Day....

I can relate, and concur, Sir.
I still shudder sometimes, when reflecting in the predawn waking moments ..

Scary isn't it? I know I've done things that I look at now and wonder how I didn't kill myself or someone else. I'm just glad I didn't, especially the "someone else" part.

It's why once you've passed 40 and 50 you're much more careful.
You've seen so many ways to snuff it.

It's also why most race-car drivers are in their 20s. Not only are their reflexes sharp, but they're far more willing to take risks.

View attachment 1362161 A co worker bought a new car a few months ago and I thought it was new. I park next to it every day and last week I noticed it was developing rust along the rocker panel. This rust was clearly painted over to hide it. This is the kind of rust that will lead to the absence of a rocker panel in about three years. I would be pretty mad about it if it were my car, and would certainly go back to the dealer and say what the heck is this?
It’s a Ford focus by the way, no idea what year.
ugh ur one of those employees , did you read the window registration also to check the expiration date on the reg. mbee its not new and was inexpensive, leave the owner alone.

Back
Top Bottom