Unfinished tube amps

Those look like interesting builds. Do you have any more info about them? Looks like there might be some Magnequest iron in a couple of them.
John

Very cool collection there,,, may be a challenge to finish them unless the builders schematic came with them,,, but it gives you the option to finish or rebuild to your design...

I definitely see some Magnequest "pin stripe" transformers. Those were built by someone who definitely knew what he was doing.

Looks like you've got the collection of an SET enthusiast with deep pockets! Some excellent bones there, should be fairly easy to reverse engineer what he's done and get them going. Layout looks good, as if he knew what he was doing, some of the mess underneath can be cleaned up. I hope you've got some sensitive speakers!

No schematics - was told he kept it all in his head. Going to work on reverse engineering them. I have about 5 that are finished. Got some Altec Santiago 878b.

If the builder is still around and he claims he remembers what he was building, ask and write down labels for each tubes for each unfinished amps. It will make your life a lot easier than guessing for the driver tubes and finding out what it could be from the operating voltages. Output tubes aren't much of a problem to guess but ask anyway. You'll want as much info as you can get from him in order to complete the build!

Hi ,

What are your technical abilities , it will be much easier to make suggestions on what to do .

You need to take inventory of what transfomers are on the chassis , power , output , interstage or chokes , what make and part number they are .

I would find it hard to pick up where someone left off with no documentation , and use the parts to make amps with a known schematics

Back
Top Bottom