Unique & Distinctive Speakers

VREY COOL speakers at this site, one that caught my eye was the Quadraflex by Eames:

quadreflexA1.jpg

they don't look too shabby either

eamesquadraflex.jpg

Kea Audio Loud Speaker

The design loudspeaker KEA AUDIO OCEANIA is a piece of art made from the finest ancient New Zealand Kauri Timber, hand-crafted by local wood craftspeople. The design is inspired by the pacific fish which is traditionally the most important food source of the Pacific people. The KEA AUDIO OCEANIA is omni-polar and has two sets of woofers, midrange and tweeters, one set directing to the listener and the other to the wall.
Kea_Audio_Loud_Speaker.jpg

NuForce S-9

Robert E. Greene, The Absolute Sound, USA

Before you even hear a sound, you know this one is something different...extraordinarily clean-sounding...play really loudly...ultra-pure sound...ability to reveal the details of sound expanding into ambient space is startling...have good bass extension...extreme top of the S9s takes off into the wild blue yonder...The S9s did well on the ultimate test, reproduced versus live music...really convincing in this nearly direct comparison with live music...convincing on large-scaled orchestral music like full orchestra as well...Voices were surprisingly realistic in their natural timbre and precise positioning, and people sounded like people...think about what live music really sounds like. I think you will come away as impressed as I did." - Feb 2007 Issue

Construction:
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/Documents/S-9-brochure-lowres.pdf

White Paper:
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/Documents/speakertech.pdf

S-9-gallery-small.jpg

Last edited:
Martion Luzy

The Luzy has a full range driver I think, specs as follows:

Cylindrical Loudspeakerbox
-Frequency range:
-150Hz – 20 kHz

Proportion of the cylindrical Loudspeakerbox Luzy:
-Length 26 cm,
-Diameter 16 cm

LuzyRoseGutDSC_0030mA4-sRGB.jpg

Last edited:
Musical Affairs speakers

Built to mimic the resonance of musical instruments. Thin resonant sides with open bottoms and slotted backs. PHY drivers.

I've always been intrigued by this concept.

Attachments

• musicalaffairs.jpg
    musicalaffairs.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 79
Horns from the past and present. Voight corner horn. Only 100 made. An impressive Bauer from 1939, no less. A Lowther Hegeman. Lowther TP1. A gigantic pair of horns. Only in Japan!

Attachments

• voigt.jpg
    voigt.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 64
  • bauersoundsystemad1939.jpg
    bauersoundsystemad1939.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Lowther Hegeman - 1.jpg
    Lowther Hegeman - 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Lowther TP1 - 3.jpg
    Lowther TP1 - 3.jpg