University TMS-2 Trimensional Stereo Speaker

Chip - HP

Several months ago, I picked up a University TMS-2 Trimensinal Stereo Speaker at a garage sale for $10 ... mainly cuz I hadn't seen anything like it before ... but it's time for some house cleaning ...

My camera is still not working ... it looks like a small modern style console (27"H x 30"W x 14"D) with 2 doors on the front, grill cloth on the sides and four 5" screw-on legs ...

I took off the back ... there is a single yellow-green color 12" woofer (?) ("University" is in gold script on the dust cap ... no visible model name or #)that faces the rear behind a black plastic grill ... each side has a gold-color tweeter (?) horn and a blue-green color 8" (?) midrange (?) which face out the side ... I can't get at the tweeters and midranges w/o tearing up the interior wooden framing ... there are also 2 controls for each side of speakers ...

A Google search shows that a review of this speaker appeared in the Sept. '59 issue of Audio magazine ... and a couple have been listed on eBay ... but I can't access them ... probably cuz the listings are past the Completed Auction expiration date ...

Anyone know if this speaker is worth parting out?

Hey Chip!

I've had one of these in my bedroom for over a year now, I really like it.

Last I saw the guts (the back panel with the woofer/xover/pots attached, and the tweets and mids) was about, oh, 6-8 months ago on ebay, sold for $99.00.

I bet they sound exceptional in a large room.

Pete

piece-it pete said:
... Last I saw the guts (the back panel with the woofer/xover/pots attached, and the tweets and mids) was about, oh, 6-8 months ago on ebay, sold for $99.00. ...

Did they sell the whole thing? ... or just the guts? ...

Back
Top Bottom