Unknown speakers

aje123

Hey all, i picked these up cheap.
They have no name anywhere??
But for garage speakers they crank and all sound good.
Pic is of one, i have 2
I fed them with a pioneer 130wpc and they took it well all the way up to full volume only slight distortion at full volume but loud as WoW!!!!
Anyone know of these?! Thanks

Attachments

• 7937584E-1DA2-457F-B776-E1BEFCE5E657.jpeg
    7937584E-1DA2-457F-B776-E1BEFCE5E657.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 209
Can't help with the brand, but you may find it if you can remove the connector block on the back. I had some Infinity RS 6001 and the only place I found the model was on the connector / crossover block.

HTH

Although the drivers resemble BW , I know they're not. I believe Sony had put out some home theater speakers that resembles those in question

hey thanks, i do have a set of Sony's that look similar but only have 1 8in driver,
i pulled a speaker out ,backs are blank no markings, i also pulled the bindingpost/crossovers out and no markings?

Yes thats what I think but heck they go loud and sound better than my kenwood JL-680 garage speakers

Thank you all,i know but for garage speakers that someday will rot because of Texas heat,good enough

I've got a pair of Sony AV towers that are similar in driver complement and layout and I doubt the quality of the drivers is any better. The "crossover" in them consists of one electrolytic capacitor for the mid and another one for the tweet. But they do make a lot of noise and yeah, there's nothing wrong with that as long as the price was right.

Last edited:
I guess they could be any maker? they have bracing inside which is probably unusual for a cheap speaker.They also have on the crossover/binding post assembly: 3 caps and 2 copper coils seem to be made good just no name on anything. Thank You

those tweeters sure look like the very fine Vifa aluminum domes my speakers had. ACI used them in their speakers like the G3.

those tweeters sure look like the very fine Vifa aluminum domes my speakers had. ACI used them in their speakers like the G3.
Yep - Vifa D25's or very good copies of same. Not that I rate the D25 super-high but it isn't too bad.....

They might Shiung Jins, or Ho funs. The mai funs don't have the upper mid-range. Did the driver have a thick accent? Was there a short fat guy in the passenger seat? Was there a lot of rot down by the rear wheel wells, with one screw holding the license plate on? If so, they are Ho Funs fer sure. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom