Unofficial features / wants in the new AK format 8-)

mech986

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Ok, for all you guys and gals who are missing something, want something, or wish for something, this is the thread for doing it. But here's the ground rules for the thread:

1. All requests will be numbered to keep track and to refer folks back to in case of duplicates. You increment the number.
2. Keep it civil and light, even whimsical. :music: :beerchug: There is no need for blame, negative commentary, etc. :whip: You can put in constructive criticism or why the feature is important to you. :blah::blah::blah:

3. Understand this is a completely unofficial list. I have no influence with the individual / team that is currently working so hard and diligently to finish updating the site, then tweaking it over time. But you can give them some encouragement. :bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

4. Your request may or may not be feasible within the new forum software, but hey, can't hurt to ask (maybe).

5. When your request may be acted in is completely unknown by me and you. As the old saw goes:
"I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.Tomorrow isn't looking good either."

6. Finally, the numbering will start at 501. I'm pretty sure the Admin team already has at least 500 other things to attend to first. OK?

501. Can I have a slider control that will change the volume of my stereo system from my computer? Even though my system isn't hooked up to the internet? And it doesn't have a remote control? Thanks!

502. Would like to see the member list fully restored at some point, or searchable when available.
503. Would like to see the new posts listing expanded beyond 10 pages - either by default, or settable settings like last x days/weeks, # of posts or pages, or other options.

504. I would like the ability to mark a page full of "New Posts" as "Read," rather than all threads. So I can put them out of further consideration, once I have noted them with no interest. As it is now, they remain in my way, unless I visit them or mark all threads as read. A benefit would be that the number of "new posts" would not have to be increased. Just mark as read pages full and the 'New Post" algorithm will disregard threads that have already been considered and marked as such.

And Bart, go to bed.

Enjoy,
Rich P

506. The :yes: = nodding green head smillie didn't make it when the old ones were added back in.

507: Ability to order posts in a thread from newest first set via user preferences as it was before.
508: Have the users Location and Post count added back to the post in the avatar area. Optionally allow user to set the display in preferences.
509: Adjust the text font color in the post footer of the Username, Date and Post Number.

510: How about a "Dislike" button. As it stands we can either like a post or be neutral. I need something negative. Instead of offsetting "Likes", "Dislikes" could be tallied separately, as with the much coveted trophy points!

511 A back to top button on all thread pages to get back to the tool bar.

512 and or the ability to change post count per page.

my mouse finger is tired and on a phone it's just a pain

Edit> They put one in that I can see on Chrome...Blue bar at the bottom of the page..

Home, Contact Us,Help and Top

hit the top button

Last edited:
The above post where just some littel things I have noticed. I really have no gripes and roll with what ever they do.

But this latest tweak really really bothers me as there really wasn't a need for it with the new format.

513 Return images back to the original defalt setting they where prior to 10/9/15

Look here for the details
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....rned-on-image-resizing-in-posts.683246/page-2

^^^ 514 . . . . Ditto!!

They should be the same size as the Steve Hoffman Forum which is a typical size for sites.

515 As with the old AK a choice when opening a thread to have it open with the last post first.

516 We have dancing bananas, can we have dancing hula girls? Hey they got coconuts!

520. I wish I could embed images from Instagram, I believe there is a piece of code that can be added to make it work with Xenforo...

Last edited:
517 Is the albums feature coming back?
518 find posts started by me?
519 is there a way to hide or delete old conversations?

Another ditto on 503. Please bring back at least 30-40 pages of new posts instead of 10. Since I don't have the luxury of hopping on the site every few hours, I'm now getting only a fraction of the posts I used to have access to. Thanks!

Edit: Since the number of posts per page has been reduced from 25 to 20, even 40 pages of new posts would be a downgrade from the old site, IIRC. Perhaps 50 pages, or allow users to set their preference?

Last edited:
520: is there a way to display all new threads not just unread new threads? I see there is a button for all subscribed threads but not new ones (e.g. similar to Tapatalk "timeline" feature.) Reason I ask is I just clicked on a new thread, was going to respond, but inadvertantly closed the window... no idea what forum it was in though.

521. Watched Threads Organization.
On the old vBulletin site we had subscribed threads. I have 160 that I subscribe to. I managed them by organizing them into folders. Amps, Turntables, Speakers, etc.
This way when I wanted to look up something it was pretty easy to find. Now all we have is all watched threads dumped into a large pile.

511 A back to top button on all thread pages to get back to the tool bar.

512 and or the ability to change post count per page.

my mouse finger is tired and on a phone it's just a pain

Edit> They put one in that I can see on Chrome...Blue bar at the bottom of the page..

Home, Contact Us,Help and Top

hit the top button

FWIW...you can always use the Home button on your keyboard. This works wherever you are on the page so you don't have to scroll to the bottom of the thread to click the 'Top" link.

As for your phone, just tap the menu bar (on the clock display) ...it will rocket you to the top of the page.

Back
Top Bottom