Untested for ePay? Well why not?!

mg196

Johnny Thunders - LAMF
These junk dealers really irk me. How can something as simple as this be untested? They can't plug it in to see if the basic functions work, and then say so? A lot of this dude's stuff is like that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64609&item=5732822113&rd=1

Now, I can see not being able to test a lot of different types of equipment, but a friggin' junk Karaoke machine?! Someone explain that to me. "Untested" is another way of saying "Does Not Work," especially when accompanied by phrases like "Sold AS-IS" and "We Do Not Guarantee." It is false advertising. :rant:

Actually I have had untested stuff that worked, stuff billed as broken that worked, stuff billed as working that didnt. Take the auctions with the grain of salt. That aside the real reason I responded I saw a Karaoke machine that looked exactly like this in the garbage on the way to work the other day. I was tempted to pick it up, but common sense grabbed me. I guess I could have pawned it on ebay "untested". :)

Ya know what I say about that seller 17 NEGATIVES IN A 12 MONTHS PERIOD
29 TOTAL NEGATIVES. That says it all for me. I didn't take the time to read all of the negative feedbacks but the ones I did told me all I need to know, but in all fairnees I guess I'm still smarting from my bad experience.

:banana:

Stanton

I've bought about a dozen as-is items with mixed results.

Most of the camera gear was unfixable or not worth fixing. I bought 'em for parts and I got my money out of the stuff.

A few times the stuff was really untested. A stuck door on a DVD player (bent frame that straightened out easily).

Then of course there was the pro DAT deck that the seller neglected to mention had been ripped apart by rabid hyenas posing as factory service techs.

For the most part, I'm finished with dead gear on ebay unless its quality (no broken $50 DVD players) and local. Too many suckers out there who will drive up the price of some POS junk and too many sellers who want $10 for something that *might* sell repaired for at most another $20.

If I'd found the stuff in the trash, I'd be able to rationalize dragging it home and trying to fix it. Once you factor in ebay shipping and other headaches, its a money pit.

Back
Top Bottom