UofMTiger's Den

Just thought I would bump this up since the Apartment Therapy website did an article on the tech in my living room and office. They talk about my mix of old and new.

Here is a new pic of my Marantz from the article:

6819076259_180afbf7d8_b.jpg

Also, thought I would post a new pic of one of my pups while I was here :D:

6820044013_c4f190d9b9_b.jpg

Very nice -- thanks for posting.

Is that an original wood case for the Marantz receiver? It looks custom. Sweet!!

I'll admit it, my first reason for checking we to see if there were any updated puppy pictures :lmao::lmao::lmao:

But the Marantz looks great too :D

Great system, great room, Great sound I am sure. The dogs are beyond great. They seem to like the music. Marantz, what can I say...I always wanted some Marantz Gear from the era of yours. Alas, I was a poor college student. Maybe I will get some now that I can afford it. Once again, very nice setup :drool:. BTW, your dad crafted a very nice case for your Marantz receiver.

What may I ask is the large painting? Looks interesting.

cubdog

Here are a couple better pics of the artwork in the living room. The large picture is the riverfront in downtown Memphis. You can't really see it that great in the shot below, but the Memphis bridge and pyramid (in the right corner) are much more prominent in person:

6848931227_833db2f6c6_b.jpg

The pic above my chair is a painting of Sun Studios:

6848927027_34ac4c7c2b_b.jpg

Both pieces are David Lynch (of Memphis) creations. He does a lot of Memphis related paintings and his art is on display at Fedex forum among other places around town. I played basketball and golf with him for years, so it is nice to have some of his stuff. The large picture is actually a glazed print that I had sized to fit above the couch.

Thanks for the other positive comments. When the people of Apartment Therapy approached me (they saw my rooms on Flickr), I wondered how my setup would be received on that site. I have visited the site for a while and I can't remember seeing another "tour" that had speakers (much less headphones, DACs, and other tech) in any of the shots. Usually, a Tivoli radio is the closest thing to Audiokarma that I have seen.

To my amazement, the feedback has been better than I expected.

Man you have a beautiful home with just a few toys eh? Love all the setups, especially the office room. Great job.

Man you have a beautiful home with just a few toys eh? Love all the setups, especially the office room. Great job.
Thank you!

Thanks for the info. I checked out his website. Good stuff.
You are welcome. I really like the Memphis related stuff, since you don't see the city depicted in a lot of paintings.

I have been pretty happy with my current setups, but I decided to scale down my kitchen setup. I had a "Super" Sonic Impact with Presidian speakers, but the room is too small for it to do much good. I ended up settling for the donut shaped Phillips Airplay speaker in the pic below. It is portable, but with Airplay you have to keep it inside wifi range. It is also much smaller than my old setup, so the woman of the house is happier. :D
8176773483_b7111e23bb_c.jpg

WOW...amazing set up....Memphis is a great place..or was when I was stationed there. The music history was cool to learn about!

I feel poor and inadequate now:sigh: Nice place!

Hahaha... +1.

UofM, thanks for sharing. I think all of your rooms are great examples of taste and quality in a modern sense. It's important for guys like you to share these images so that others may see what's possible, and perhaps implement some of the ideas in their own rooms. For every audiophile, there's usually a disgruntled, slightly unhappy wife who must tolerate piles of gear in her home.

I am quite happy with my own surroundings, but admittedly found myself a bit envious after seeing all of your headphone related pics.

Back
Top Bottom