UofMTiger's Den

WOW...amazing set up....Memphis is a great place..or was when I was stationed there. The music history was cool to learn about!
Thank you! You are correct, Memphis does have an unbelievable amount of music history.

Nice setup
Nice rooms
Nice gears

Absolutly beautiful place you got there my friend !
Thank you!:thmbsp:

Hahaha... +1.

UofM, thanks for sharing. I think all of your rooms are great examples of taste and quality in a modern sense. It's important for guys like you to share these images so that others may see what's possible, and perhaps implement some of the ideas in their own rooms. For every audiophile, there's usually a disgruntled, slightly unhappy wife who must tolerate piles of gear in her home.

I am quite happy with my own surroundings, but admittedly found myself a bit envious after seeing all of your headphone related pics.
Thank you! As you can tell, I spread my piles of gear around the house, so at least they have some room to breathe. :)

With three pups running around, I am very happy to have headphones for those times I really want to concentrate on the music. Don't let this fella's cute face fool you, he can be quit yappy when he wants to be:

large.jpg

I see your a Tigers fan so I gotta get this jab in. GO KNIGHTS!

images
You should be proud of your season. Memphis Football has a long way to go before they can even claim to be mediocre. I am not much of a college football fan, so it doesn't hurt my feelings too much.:tears:

I went to see their basketball team's season opener last night and they definitely need some help with outside shooting. However, everyone expects them to be a lot better than the football team. :thmbsp:

You should be proud of your season. Memphis Football has a long way to go before they can even claim to be mediocre. I am not much of a college football fan, so it doesn't hurt my feelings too much.:tears:

I went to see their basketball team's season opener last night and they definitely need some help with outside shooting. However, everyone expects them to be a lot better than the football team. :thmbsp:

Wasn't looking to hurt any feelings, just get in a friendly jab. UCF Football has been a struggle over the past 10-15 years, it seems like they are finally on the winning side. I can sympathize with you. While I was a student, 10 years ago our Football team was really nothing to speak of, barely a D1 program. Now we have three Conference USA Championships and a handful of bowl victories including one over UGA two years ago, next year we are moving to a FBS conference (barely).

Wasn't looking to hurt any feelings, just get in a friendly jab. UCF Football has been a struggle over the past 10-15 years, it seems like they are finally on the winning side. I can sympathize with you. While I was a student, 10 years ago our Football team was really nothing to speak of, barely a D1 program. Now we have three Conference USA Championships and a handful of bowl victories including one over UGA two years ago, next year we are moving to a FBS conference (barely).
Memphis is also moving to the Big East. There will definitely be more basketball and football competition over there. Currently, the school mostly concentrates on basketball, but more money should help them divert some attention to the football program, but only time will tell. They did have a nice run when Deangelo Williams was there (he set the all purpose yard record for college football), but it has been down hill ever since.

edit: I thought I would post an older pic of the Pure I-20 while I was here. I haven't decided where to put it since I moved it out of the kitchen, but it may end up in our sunroom or in my living room headphone setup. I plan to try out Airfoil's Airplay Speakers on my old 1st gen iPod Touch which, in theory, would allow it to act like another Airport Express device. I have it hooked up in my office setup for now:

large.jpg

Also, my office setup was used on Lifehacker a while back, so I thought I would post a link to here, as well.

Last edited:
Made a few tweaks to the headphone area of my living room. We got rid of the door behind the chair. I also added a couple Pinnacle PN5+ speakers to the Marantz and ran analog out of the X-can V3 so I can listen to the Airport Express in addition to the radio. Obviously, my main setup get the most use, but occasionally I want to hear that warm sound from the Marantz:

room by uofmtiger, on Flickr

Also made a subtle change to my office. I moved the shelf of my desk and moved my headphone equipment over to the Expedit. This gives me a bit more room to breathe. I also added a USB Blu-ray player and a Sinatra bobblehead I got as a gift:

Office Space (Macs and PC in Harmony) by uofmtiger, on Flickr

more office by uofmtiger, on Flickr

Below are a couple photos of my 63 inch McIntosh::D

McIntosh AP1 (b) by uofmtiger, on Flickr

McIntosh AP1 by uofmtiger, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the photos. Excellent setups.
Thank you! A couple of years ago, I told my girlfriend that I was not going to buy any more DACs/amps/headphones for a while. She rolled her eyes. Here were are nearly two years later and I am still happy with my current setups. Yeah, there are areas where I could get improvement, but I enjoy what I hear, which was my only goal.:thmbsp:

Certainly gives us something to aim for :thmbsp:
There is a lot of inspiration on this site. Happy I could contribute in some way.

Very nice! Have you jailbroken your ATV2 yet? Once jailbroken, install XBMC on it...best $100 media center youll ever get. I have 4 ATV2s scattered about the house, and run a SQL database on my media server so I can pause in one room and resume in another. With XBMC installed, you increase the functionality of the ATV2 exponentially :yes:.
I did finally jailbreak my Apple TVs, mainly out of curiousity. I also got something called ATV Flash so I would have my movies available without going into XBMC and without converting to Apple's accepted format. I still haven't messed around with XBMC very much, with the exception of using the Hulu app on occasion.

Your main system has to be one of the nicest looking, well laid-out systems I've seen.

Well done!!

Very impressive! Where did you get the TV furniture?
I actually bought it from Amazon since they had it on sale at the time. It is a BDI Avion 8927. With these type of cabinets, you have to be careful with what you put in them because they can get hot inside. I left the back open and I added a couple coolerguys fans that come on automatically when the temperature gets too warm. So far, everything has worked without an issue.

I still put the PS3 on top of the cabinet, though. It gets extremely hot even out in the open air. Since taking the photos, I moved the PS3 into my office. I thought I would use it more in there. I also changed out the Direct Box for their new Genie box. It is awesome!

Your main system has to be one of the nicest looking, well laid-out systems I've seen.

Well done!!
Thank you! :thmbsp:

Well, I broke my two year string of not buying audio equipment.:thmbsp: When the Dragonfly DAC dropped to $99, it was just too good to turn down.

Here is a pic with my iPhone 4S. Surprisingly, I was able to pull up the Apple Music app and choose home sharing to get to iTunes that was running on a computer and play 24/96 files in their native format. The dragonfly actually changes colors depending on the bitrate it is receiving. Unfortunately, it needs a powered hub (or a T3hub) to work, so it is not something I would want to jog with (mine actually has a dock extender for case, CCK, and t3Hub):

5313030_orig.jpg

I mainly got it for my laptop. I also ordered a Dragontail, which is a USB extender. I was worried about banging it on something with just the Dragonfly sticking out of the computer:

3251990_orig.jpg

2 years of no audio equipment purchases - that is awesome! I'm still amazed by your setups - all of them :)

2 years of no audio equipment purchases - that is awesome! I'm still amazed by your setups - all of them :)
Thanks!

I am surprised by the fact that I hadn't bought any new audio components in a few years, too.. I wish I could say the same thing about my photography hobby.:yes:

I did add a new Synology 413j server to my office which I do use for audio quite a bit. It has Airplay and DLNA built in, so it comes in handy. I mainly bought it for backups, though.

I mentioned in another thread that the best way to handle the Dragonfly (pic above) with the iPhone is to get a dock extension cable. I bought one that is about a meter long. It will allow me to use the CCK/T3hub/Dragonfly in more of a desktop/side table environment. In other words, instead of picking up the entire setup when I want to select a song, I can just pick up the iPhone with one cable attached. It really makes it easier to manage. :thmbsp:

Nice all around.....very well planned out and it shows. Hopefully you work from home to have enough time to enjoy all the toys. If I came home at 5pm, I would never see my family, they would have to come see me in my room!

:yes: :music:

Back
Top Bottom