Up to date (2017) Pioneer SX-1050 recap list and more

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Stevescivic, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Stevescivic

Stevescivic Active Member

Can the kind and super experienced folks on AK please review my list of parts I've ordered for my SX-1050 rebuild project?

MTF/TSD71 and MattSD have provided me with either older or more recent lists of parts that can be ordered from Mouser and I've gone through the list a few times and MattSD has even skimmed over my list and have pointed out at least 1 mistake in my list. How the list is structured is fairly straight forward. It shows the original Pioneer part # or value of component, the part # suggested by MTF from several years ago, MattSD's suggested replacement part and the last column shows what I actually ordered.

I would've likely used MattSD's list had I not pulled the "click to order" button before receiving his list. Long story short I had to do a comparison of what Mark and Matt had suggested to see how my ordered lined up to their suggestions. Column F (highlighted in green) are the items that I ordered and MattSD has flagged a transistor in the protection circuit (highlighted in orange) that is an UNSUITABLE replacement.

I'm specifically concerned with the transistor/diodes and resistor replacements. I normally do not replace transistors and heaven forbid if I install one of them and blow up my receiver as a result of an incorrect part.

Although I'm certain that 99% of the items I've ordered are in fact good (remember column F is what I purchased). I am asking AK'ers to help point out other parts of concern that should be replaced with something more suitable?

Many thanks,

Attached Files:

2. r887661

r887661 AK Subscriber Subscriber

This will be a great help, thank you...

3. Stevescivic

Stevescivic Active Member

You’re most welcome! I am listening to my 1050 as I type this. I have two 1050 receivers side by side with the second unit about 10% complete in its restoration.

The list is UP TO DATE as of October 9th, 2017. All components were ordered from Mouser.

4. MOEB74

MOEB74 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks for this list... so basically all in all, if I order these parts, that would be a complete list of components to OH one unit thoroughly? How many did you come across that you could not swap over?

5. arnold_a1968

arnold_a1968 New Member

i think there is a missing Transistor at AWM-090, Protection Cirsuit Assembly, Q5 2SA733-Q, any suggested replacement for it?

6. redk9258

redk9258 Super Member

Maybe KSA733C. Check data sheets. Note "C" suffix for center collector.

7. arnold_a1968

arnold_a1968 New Member

Thanks, i'm done rebuilding my SX1050 but had one issue, Pop sound when power up, i found out when i connect separate the Pre Out and connect it to another 8500 main, Pop sound comes out every time when power on.
    I have recap and replace the drivers of the Contorl board and EQ board but still got this pop sound so i leaning that somewhere in the protection board or power supply board is causing the Pop sound. But i will try to work first with the Protection circuit board to replace the drivers and the relay.

Do you have replacement part number for the Relay S1 ASR-020??

8. deltalight

deltalight AK Subscriber Subscriber

Q17: 2SB536A: 2SA1859A
    Q18: 2SB536A: 2SA1859A
    Q19: 2SD381A: 2SC4883A
    Q20: 2SD381A: 2SC4883A
    S1: ASR-020 4PDT 5A 48VDC: MY4-02-DC48: 653-MY4-02-DC48
    S2: ASR-015 DPDT 10A 48VDC: LY2-DC48: 653-LY2-DC48

9. arnold_a1968

arnold_a1968 New Member

many thanks DeltaLight

10. arnold_a1968

arnold_a1968 New Member

another missing replacement for the Flat Amplifier AWG-040, Q5 & Q6 > 2SK30AW-Y, any suggestion?

11. HVHiFI

HVHiFI Hudson Valley HiFI Subscriber

That is a FET, leave it alone unless there is an issue.

12. arnold_a1968

arnold_a1968 New Member

i have an issue, pop sound when amp is turned on, i may replace all the FETs from power supply to each board as it is quite hard to trace where the pop coming from but for sure, when i disconnect the pre and main jumper there is no pop, so the power amp is eliminated thus only left are the power supply to pre amp and the pre amp itself.

no idea?

13. HVHiFI

HVHiFI Hudson Valley HiFI Subscriber

2N5457 is close. Replacing for no reason is never good though. The subs are never exactly the specs of the original.

14. kramden

kramden Active Member

Did you have this pop sound before all the new parts went in?