Update AK helping families for the holidays

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Let me first say "Thank You" !!! When we wanted to sponsor 2 families for Christmas and we put up a post I never expected the big response that we got. It has definately been bigger than we expected.

Currently we have the information on 2 families, and we are waiting on the info for a 3rd.

For both of these families we will do our best to shop around and get them what they need, as well as making sure that the kids get some of what they want for Christmas. I have talked to the parents of both families and have gotten some great ideas as to what they need and want for Christmas. I am writing this because I just wanted to let everyone know where your donation is going and what a difference your donation will make in these peoples lives this holiday season.

Family #1
Mother is a personal assistant.
Single mom, Beth 32 with 3 kids, daughter 14, son 9 and son 5 . All the kids need winter coats and boots. Both the boys are into the WWE wrestling figures and mom says they play together really well. Oldest daughter is into soul music and is a girly girl who needs warm clothing and really wants some perfume. Beth only wants to make sure that her kids have a nice Christmas but I did get that she needs pots and pans.

Family #2
Father is currently unemployed
Single dad, Anthony mid 30's with 2 kids, son 13 and daughter 9. For this family Christmas can be as especially hard time for the kids because both of them have birthdays in December (one the 23rd and one the 24th), so they get shorted on Birthday presents. Both kids need a coat and boots, and both want a bike. The son wants an mp3 player and loves to listen to music all the time. The daughter is a huge Hannah Montana fan and needs a conforter for her bed (we may try to find a Hannah Montana comforter), she would love a karaoke machine and anything Hannah Montana.

I will do my best to keep you up to date on each of the families that you have helped. Again, I just want to say thank you and tell you how lucky I feel to be a part of such a wonderful group of people.

Nancy

Nancy,

Looks like the families you chose are typical and will really appreciate the help being offered. We all know that current times are harder especially during the holidays. I hope I can speak for us all by saying you did good! :yes:

George

Family #2
Father is currently unemployed
Single dad, A

Nancy

Nancy:

Very kind of you to keep us up to date on these folks; I for one was pleased to see a Single Dad on the list; as hard as it no doubt is for conventional families who need Christmas assistance, it must be even harder for a Dad who is not able to provide a good holiday for his kids.

Kudos to you and the Grumpster for doing this :thmbsp:

Great Job, and thanks for the follow up! I'm honored to be a part of this effort.
Regards,
Jim

Where can I contribute? Paypal account info? Times are a little tough for me right now but I think it is important to help others out.

I am amazed that people keep thanking Grumpy and I, thru the threads and PM's. When it is the members of AK who are the ones who have opened thier hearts and wallets to make this happen...

Thank you.

I will keep you informed.

Nancy

I am amazed that people keep thanking Grumpy and I, thru the threads and PM's. When it is the members of AK who are the ones who have opened thier hearts and wallets to make this happen...

Thank you.

I will keep you informed.

Nancy

Because you and Dave are doing all the work.

Back
Top Bottom