"updated" with vintage gear!

davestradamu

Swimming in Sound
hello! i have been enjoying my system and this board very much! you may have seen my system before, but i have a new rack and new amplification!

and a tube mono system to boot!

just picked up an AKAI AA-1135 receiver and cleaned it up. plays wonderfully! the added power over my former power amp really made a difference in clarity, especially at higher volume!

the rack was free from a buddy that was tossing it out of his store.

the reverb unit is just for conversation.... :smoke:

20110501113725.jpg

20110501114608.jpg

20110501114651.jpg

roomview.jpg

maggies1.jpg

this is a mono system that will eventually be a monoblock system to power my magnepans. once i find my magnavox 142's twin.... :scratch2:

i will build some enclosures for the chassis when i receive its mate, so they will look the same.

it is running a 4Ohm load consisting of 2 Dynaco A-35 speakers and sounds just fine! :thmbsp:

this one has new caps, switchgear and interfaces.

20110501123856.jpg

20110501123810.jpg

thanks for looking!! :music:

This might be my eyes playing tricks on me or my car nut side winding me up, but i swear you have a lamp on the end of an upright crankshaft?

Very nice, and just so you know you can expand that rack taller by threading on more tubes, if the ends you have now are threaded.

thanks for the kind words everyone!

the table was made by Lane in the 1950s in my town. It was a dining table that i shortened a bit....and painted the legs white.

the rack isnt threaded... so i am stuck at one level. but i might reuse the shelves with some threaded rod and additional shelves made of wood.

the lamp was made using a foundry form of a 2 cylinder crankshaft. it is made of wood and was used to make a mold for casting a shaft for a big pump or engine or some sort i think. i found it behind a wall in an attic i was tearing apart.

i liked it so much, i made it into a lamp!

sadly... the AKAI will be sold. its not what i want for the long haul and will finance my second 6v6 tube monoblock for a transition to tooooobs in my main rig!

happy listening! :music:

Back
Top Bottom